• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rating/review system discussion

I figured that since the button says "Mark as played" that I wouldn't add it to my list of played courses. I also thought that any of us that has watched a tourney vid could say that we know every hole on that course too, but it wouldn't seem right to mark it as played. I decided that I need to actually play at least 3/4 of a course before I will mark it as played.

Understood. I didn't mark Perkerson, which I walked.

But that's an individual decision---I don't see why anyone would care if you had marked one as played. Unless you're marking ones you've never visited, and a lot of them, and then boasting about how many you've bagged.

Now, if anybody's been dazzled by my courses-played list, padded by a few I didn't play entirely, they've been quite silent about it. Though I'm willing to apologize for misleading them with the half-dozen or so I checked that might not fit their criteria.

Charlatan!! ...but only because you live in SC.
In NC, you'd likely be Charlottan.

I also thought that any of us that has watched a tourney vid could say that we know every hole on that course too, but it wouldn't seem right to mark it as played.
Damn... he's on to me!

Last edited:
He at least throws on the course. The drool prevents him from getting decent snap. And don't hate because he's been on more different courses than you. He'll also never brag about how many courses he's "bagged".

He also may have a different definition of bagging and who is actually doing the bagging on the courses he visits. :D

I remember when Dave took a beach trip and when he got back I asked him how it was. He said swimming in the ocean was top notch due to all the sharks you had to avoid making it risky but rewarding. That there where plenty of opportunities to pick up chicks. That this beach had a ton of palm trees to give you shade and a bonus of multiple bars to take shots and have fun.

I said that sounds great man was it your best vacation yet?

He said you know it might be had it scored higher on Appalachian beauty.

I followed my son Alec around all week at AM Worlds. I did not actually throw a disc at west lake but I can tell you about every hole from long and short tees. I've considered marking it as played. Would you mark it as played?

What a terrific experience to be able to be with your son during an event like that. Hopefully your son isn't one of the kids Terry Miller mentioned on Smashboxx podcast throwing tantrums after a poor shot. After watching coverage of Geisenger throwing absolute fits during the Challenge, I see where these kids are picking up these bad habits.

Sorry, no way. It says "Course Played". Not walking it, driving by it,
watching it in a video or hearing about it from a friend, none of these can count.
Now you decide whether playing 12/18 counts or 15/18 or whatever is the
magic number is for you.

I followed my son Alec around all week at AM Worlds. I did not actually throw a disc at west lake but I can tell you about every hole from long and short tees. I've considered marking it as played. Would you mark it as played?

My thing is that he certainly can't mark it as played, but I'd have less of a problem with him reviewing it.

The system won't let you review a course unless you've marked it played.....will it?

I dunno... never tried it. Don't really want to experiment with that because there's no way for members to delete our reviews, only edit them.

I suppose I could mark course I want to review unplayed, then see if my review would go... Not sure it's worth it.

The system won't let you review a course unless you've marked it played.....will it?

I thought reviewing it automatically marked it as played for you but I'm not sure. I've certainly written a lot of reviews without remembering to mark it as played.

Apparently you're right. I was thinking I had tried before, and been stymied until marking it as played. But there's a good chance that I'm simply wrong---as has been the case thousands of times previous.

I dunno. Guess a 5.0 rating ain't what it used to be... :(

Latest posts