• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RDG Gecko Bags: Color Poll

What color Gecko would you like to see?

• Reptilian Green

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • Black

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Dirt Brown

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Red

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Coal Gray

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • Other (Please post in comments)

Votes: 9 16.7%

• Total voters
My favorite plastics is are old R-Pro/BT Soft for putters & mids (shields and wardens), and Tournament plastic for fairways and drivers. I need to have some suggestions for the wife to put under the tree for me... perhaps an RDG set of putter/mid/fairway/driver to go in the new Gecko? ;) Hit me with suggestions!

Based on your preference for softer putters, check out the Serpent and/or Scale in their Chalk RFF plastic. You will not be disappointed. If you want to try some of the best baseline plastic around, grab a Serpent and/or Scale in Fossil.

Well, I got my Digi-camo Gecko in the mail yesterday. Thanks jcassidy for getting that out so fast, it was only two days from clicking "buy" on the website - to playing a round with it yesterday afternoon.

First impressions:

* The digi-camo is way cooler than I thought lol. You were right. It will certainly hide stains and dirt too.
* It seems pretty much indestructible. The materials and construction are top-notch, right up there with my UPD Shift. I'm sure it will outlast me on a disc golf course.
* The drink holder rocks. That was my primary reason for wanting the Gecko instead of the NutSac. It delivers.
* Holy lightweight!! I mean, when it's empty it is simply not there... I had 8 discs, keys/misc in the zipper pocket, and a 24 oz water and it still felt like I was wearing nothing at all. THIS is why I got the Gecko!
* It actually stands up pretty well. I was able to open and put a 16 oz can of Pale Ale in the holder later in the round, and simply had to set it down on a flat spot - no spills.
* In addition to making a perfect light/casual/pitch n putt bag, I found another excellent use for it - GLOW ROUNDS. The way this thing is set up - you can put your LED-lit discs (I use 2 of them, a fairway and putt/approach) in the outer pockets, and then the rest of the interior is perfect for 3-4 adult beverages of choice. The discs actually light up the bag (easier to find if you put it down in the dark) and the interior keeps the drinks cold and invisible.

So - my conclusion? WINNER!!! It's exactly what a small, light, casual bag should be. The only issue I had was the magnetic catch seems a little bit finicky - the bag didn't want to click shut very easily... I was hoping it would flip back over and "find" it's partner and sort of click shut, but it doesn't do that - you have to intentionally find the button and mate them to close the bag. A minor quibble, and a larger magnet and clasp would probably fix this issue.

All in all, I am very glad I sprung on this bag (especially at that blowout price!) and I see myself using it A LOT. I like to run out for quick hour-long rounds and this bag will live permanently in my car, with it's own set of discs, for the foreseeable future.

Thanks to RDG and James for being awesome, and the excellent customer service!!

So - my conclusion? WINNER!!! It's exactly what a small, light, casual bag should be. The only issue I had was the magnetic catch seems a little bit finicky - the bag didn't want to click shut very easily... I was hoping it would flip back over and "find" it's partner and sort of click shut, but it doesn't do that - you have to intentionally find the button and mate them to close the bag. A minor quibble, and a larger magnet and clasp would probably fix this issue.

I appreciate the feedback and I am glad you dig your Gecko :hfive:
I'll stand by that Digi-Cam for any Camo haters out there. It just feels and looks great in person and doesn't give off that poser vibe for folks that aren't military savvy.

The magnet clasp isn't perfect but I'm liking it more than the snap that we had previously.
I think design wise, the Gecko is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for when we began prototyping.

The Tyrant has consumed much of our funds so I don't expect another Gecko run in the immediate future. My apologies for getting everyone excited only to squander their dreams with lack of follow through. If only RDG weren't a tiny DG label and had all kinds of money to work multiple projects at once.

Thanks again all of you for allowing our dreams to become reality. #ReptileStyle

Latest posts