• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RDG Gecko Bags: Color Poll

What color Gecko would you like to see?

• Reptilian Green

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • Black

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Dirt Brown

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Red

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Coal Gray

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • Other (Please post in comments)

Votes: 9 16.7%

• Total voters
Even though I already bought a Reptilian Green bag I voted for dirt brown because I prefer subtle things and my practical side says that dirt brown won't ever look as dirty as my insanely bright green bag will. I almost chose Digi-Camo for the same reason :)

If you offered R-Green, Dirt Brown and Burnt Orange I would find it impossible to make a purchase choice. I will say that I much prefer the nice simple front pocket design in your picture above (same one I purchased) to the busy looking design of the two-color bags you offered in the second batch (I think). I also prefer the green fabric on the top of the bag instead of the black from that same batch. And while we are discussing color choices, my only change to the R-Green color scheme would be a green instead of black mini pocket. OK, I will stop now. :-D

Even though I already bought a Reptilian Green bag I voted for dirt brown because I prefer subtle things and my practical side says that dirt brown won't ever look as dirty as my insanely bright green bag will. I almost chose Digi-Camo for the same reason :)

If you offered R-Green, Dirt Brown and Burnt Orange I would find it impossible to make a purchase choice. I will say that I much prefer the nice simple front pocket design in your picture above (same one I purchased) to the busy looking design of the two-color bags you offered in the second batch (I think). I also prefer the green fabric on the top of the bag instead of the black from that same batch. And while we are discussing color choices, my only change to the R-Green color scheme would be a green instead of black mini pocket. OK, I will stop now. :-D

I appreciate the feedback!
David from No Excuses kinda just free styles the color tweaks so some bags will feature color blocks that others don't. I agree though that I wasn't a huge fan of the accent colors on the second run.

I'm so torn on what to do when it comes to these bags. They sell well but obviously discs are our main concern/fundraiser. I don't want to make a big gaffe when it comes to a bag order and be stuck with dead inventory.

The Green is solid, Orange too, I think at some point you need to try a Pink run though.

Here's the fabric for ya!
jombofishscale11-1.jpg

il_570xN.674736738_gnz2.jpg

il_570xN.836288800_2wtz.jpg

Instead of the colored panels could NE do just the trim, or threading? Also is there a way to do a embroidered RDG eye like your avatar? I dig the RDG logo on mine, but I know some like a more subtle look.

Oh god, J. Those fabrics I posted are for costume design. NO durability at all. Just a funny texture that reminded me of RDG when I saw it on Reddit. :D

I still just love the look of the RipStop fabric in Reptilian Green. Looks close enough to scales for me! :thmbup:

So... it's pretty obvious at this point, there will be no new Gecko's until at the earliest, January sometime? They clearly won't be here by Christmas if the order isn't even in yet... likely late Jan/early Feb I would imagine - if there are no delays with the manufacturing and shipping process.

This is a shame. Winter will be over at that point. I'm afraid you missed the boat on some holiday sales, jcassidy. :( In the future, it might be wise to have some stock ordered up and ready before the holiday season kicks in. I know I am not the only one who would love a light, awesome winter bag like this, judging by the thread response. I'm likely going to end up getting a Nutsac this week, because as much as I prefer the Gecko - I will not have a need for a smaller winter bag any longer come February. I need it now (3 weeks ago) and for the next 2-3 months. I'll be following the thread, in case something pops soon. :'(

Ah screw it, I can't get behind the darn Nutsac with no drink holder and I don't want the double. I'm going to snag a Digi-Camo (even tho I *hate* that color) for now, hopefully I can sell it in a few months when the new ones come in...

You might end up really liking the digi camo. My c14 is the same color and I'm not a camo fan at all but it wears so well and does an excellent job at hiding the dirt and or stains it may aquire.

Ah screw it, I can't get behind the darn Nutsac with no drink holder and I don't want the double. I'm going to snag a Digi-Camo (even tho I *hate* that color) for now, hopefully I can sell it in a few months when the new ones come in...

Hey man. My apologies for missing this correspondence. We have been consumed with getting the design built for the Tyrant & trying to motivate DaveMac to get our mids off the ground. It isn't looking likely that we will have any bags or mids done before the end of the year unfortunately.

I do plan to look into bags once we have finished tooling our new mold but until then we are on a massive cost saving mission to generate the most funds possible for the Tyrant. I think this mold is going to be a big time hit for us and I want all hands on deck for the project.

That said, I reallllly appreciate your support. Once we do get around to producing a new run of bags, I would be happy to make a trade for the Digi-Cam if you still aren't pleased with it. As stated above however, the Digi-Cam looks and feels really nice. I'd bet that you end up loving its ability to cover up dirt and hold up to abuse. :thmbup:

That said, I reallllly appreciate your support. Once we do get around to producing a new run of bags, I would be happy to make a trade for the Digi-Cam if you still aren't pleased with it. As stated above however, the Digi-Cam looks and feels really nice. I'd bet that you end up loving its ability to cover up dirt and hold up to abuse. :thmbup:

Being an artist/musician myself I always try to "shop local" and take care of the small biz owner. Particularly one designed around our little DG community!

Let's see what it looks like when it gets here. I may take you up on that! Thanks for the offer :thmbup:

^Hands Down the best customer service around!

I haven't even *gotten* my order yet and they are already taking care of me! :p

So... since I seem to be getting into some RDG these days, what's the "must-have" molds and plastic? I keep seeing Armor-Flex, and people raving about the Scale. My favorite plastics is are old R-Pro/BT Soft for putters & mids (shields and wardens), and Tournament plastic for fairways and drivers. I need to have some suggestions for the wife to put under the tree for me... perhaps an RDG set of putter/mid/fairway/driver to go in the new Gecko? ;) Hit me with suggestions!

Well, this may be better served on the disc page, but I would suggest getting a scale and serpent. I personally like the softer runs of the fossil scales. The serpents are pretty solid in FF. Going to their site gives nice descriptions of the plastics for the various molds. Mids probably won't be ready by xmas, hence suggesting the two putters. I would suggest a sweet TMNT stamped chief OS from their site though. It is a good driving putter. As for fairway I believe there will be some stamped Pteros coming in soon. I would highly suggest that in ArmorFlex.

I'm trying to score a Gecko bag but all that is left on the site is the USA, which is a bit "loud" for my taste. If anyone out there has one in digi or green laying around let me know!

As far as new colors, I think that a gray or grayish blue would be a nice option.