• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

rec/max storage tourney/max discs

Detheos

So I am looking to but an actual disc golf bag in the near future. I currently have a DIY bag and it works but has no storage room. I barely have room to carry a towel.

I have looked at bags online but haven't felt one had fit what I'm looking for. That's where I hope you all can help.
What I'm looking for: a bag that will be great in rec rounds to hold 12ish discs and hold everything you could need for an entire day on the course. I want the bag to also hold 20+ for tournament rounds and have room for towels, water, etc.
A plus would be if the bag had a stool/umbrella holder, 2 drink holders.

What do people recommend? I don't have a place I can just go and check out bags in my area and everyone I'm my area has innova tournament bags so I don't see anything else. :)

Sort of sounds like you want two bags. I carry an Innova Standard bag with 11 discs and use the pockets for snacks,etc.. when I am playing fun rounds with friends or the local courses where I know what discs I need, etc... I just don't like carrying more weight, regardless of how it is carried, then I absolutely have to.

I just purchased a Grip bag for tournies where I need backup discs, trick shot discs, etc...

I don't want two bags. I can always use my DIY one as a second, I plan to use it as field testing bag/backup bag for friends. Im wanting a bag that can store everything for the days I don't leave the course, like lunch and all, even if I put stuff in disc compartment, but during tourneys carry more discs and still have the basics for the day.

Have you checked out Upper Park Designs? Maybe the Rebel would work for you.

It honestly sounds like any of the medium to large backpack bags would work if you're willing to stuff extras into the disc compartment for non-tournament rounds. There are a lot of threads on all of them here so maybe a pros/cons and features list to narrow your criteria would be a good idea. I carry a Grip A series so I'm partial to them, but the Salient Helix or Ember, Millennium Flak, MR Mahal, GB Simian, DD Ranger, Ergo, and Prodiscus all come to mind with two cupholders. At least I'm pretty sure they all have two. I'm sure I'm forgetting some too.

I just looked into the Upper Park Rebel and it looks great. I sent a couple questions out to them. If the front mesh pocket can hold a putter or two I think it might be the way I will go. 9 discs is all I really need for my local course so that leaves the entire bottom for storage.

Flak4 is the answer.
Its still on preorders fits all you said.
It has dividers, so 12ish will fit well and not fall over if you just use 2 of the compartments, while all 20+ work well when using all 3 of the compartments.

Other:
DIY-These wont have a stool holder.
Ranger-Only downside is it has 2 water holders (1 large, 1 small), but you sacrifice the stool holder if you use the smaller bottle holder.

Latest posts