• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Recommend a 20 disc bag

Just get a really big nutsac. :|

Doesn't sound like it's quite big enough unless I can cram discs in side pockets (which is totally cool by me). It would irk me having empty material on a bag I couldn't use, I'd probably end up modifying that part of the bag and voiding my warranty, lol.

You can get 17 in the main compartment with easy access to side discs (15 side by side, two behind) two putters in the GGI slot, and up to four drivers on each side if you really cram. So that's 27. It'll do 20-22 pretty comfortably.

innova competition. Ive had mine a year and it looks brand new. No wear. I have 20 discs is it. They arent crammed in their either. I havr the innova straps that work good for me.

You can get 17 in the main compartment with easy access to side discs (15 side by side, two behind) two putters in the GGI slot, and up to four drivers on each side if you really cram. So that's 27. It'll do 20-22 pretty comfortably.

You can put 22 in the catalyst (as long as it's not all putters).

The Elephantitis™ model.
:hfive: lulz
What about the ergo 2? Mine should be here in a week or two. They look like an awesome bag and you can get him to do custom colors for like $10 more

tho I am not a fan of the storage system I have seen them and they are pretty sweet. i tried on an original ergo and they were super comfortable....and honestly maybe more so than the Grip. Have not had a chance to try on an Ergo 2 on yet, but they look like they hold tighter to the back (will reduce the feeling of weight...common trick in the backpacking industry) and have better organization now. And personally I would definitely pay the extra for custom colors.
http://www.bighyzerbags.com/Ergo_2_Disc_Golf_bag_p/erg2.03.htm

not much more than the grip without being on sale.

What about the ergo 2? Mine should be here in a week or too. They look like an awesome bag and you can get him to do custom colors for like $10 more

That's a sweet looking backpack. How do the discs sit in there stacked vertically? Slots of material?

I love the grip bag, but I like the L-Series more. (I think that's the name of the older style.) Doesn't have as much storage space as the new ones, but I've found them to be more comfortable,
And you might be able to find them for cheaper now.

The Grip A-series seems to be available in Black or Black and Gray. The B&G is still fairly snazzy, if somewhat monochrome.
Nobody has mentioned it yet, but the Revo Carolina will carry 20+.
16 in the main compartment, 2 in the putter pocket, and 2 in the rain fly slot. That would leave the two side pockets for storage. Of course at $185 to $195, plus S&H, the Grip really seems like a no-brainer.
OTOH, there are plenty of old Revo bags out there (I have two), 'cause they last FOREVERRRRR!. If you can get someone to let go of their old one, you could get a great deal.

The Grip A-series seems to be available in Black or Black and Gray. The B&G is still fairly snazzy, if somewhat monochrome.
Nobody has mentioned it yet, but the Revo Carolina will carry 20+.
16 in the main compartment, 2 in the putter pocket, and 2 in the rain fly slot. That would leave the two side pockets for storage. Of course at $185 to $195, plus S&H, the Grip really seems like a no-brainer.
OTOH, there are plenty of old Revo bags out there (I have two), 'cause they last FOREVERRRRR!. If you can get someone to let go of their old one, you could get a great deal.

I took the frame out of mine and replaced it with a double stack of that corrugated plastic board to fit the "floor" of the main compartment, then used a pool noodle cut in half then carved a bit to make two rails on the bottom to wedge the discs upright. This makes it way more comfortable to carry than with the stiff plastic frame, and now 17 discs in that main compartment is rather sloppy (including 4 mids, a putter, and a DEEP Wham-O 71 mold lid). I can honestly carry 22 or so in that main compartment now. Add the side pockets which easily hold 4 each, the double putter pocket and the rain flap pocket holding 2, and I can probably hold a few more than 30.

Actually, I'm going to test that out and post some pics

37 Discs total. Holy Moses. I didn't think it would expand that much....

Break down:
11 High speed drivers
12 Fairways
7 Mids
6 putters
1 Wham-O Lid

I also have pictures if anyone can inform me of how to post them from my phone.

I'd like something that maxes out around 20 really, I don't want discs to flop around when I'm carrying like 15-16. I always did like the Revo bags though, but I thought I heard a murmur of them going out of business or something?

I'd like something that maxes out around 20 really, I don't want discs to flop around when I'm carrying like 15-16. I always did like the Revo bags though, but I thought I heard a murmur of them going out of business or something?

I still have the original cage in mine, and 16 fits in the main cage very well. As I said, you can fit two putters in the putter pocket and a couple drivers in the rain-fly slot.
I just got a Grip, and I like it, but haven't noticed it being significantly more comfortable than my Revo w/Quad-shocks.
Good luck on your search.

With the frame and the divider that comes with it, 16 is about the max in the main compartment, leaving 2 additional for the putter pocket, and a ton of storage in the side pockets for discs or other goods (I usually keep a hoodie, flashlight, slingshot with 4 golf balls, and other random things and there's still a ton of room in the side pockets).

The commander bag DD fits a lot of discs for it's size. It's really all about disc storage. It has little other storage and does have the side putter pocket but no dual water carriers.

I'd also say the innova discarrier. I used one with quads before getting my grip and it holds a lot of discs 20+ and does have the dual water pouches as well as some decent storage.

If I were you though I might consider just kicking in a little more and getting something you can never worry about upgrading again. Like a Grip or one of the other 20+ backpacks. They really do wear better than a bag with quads like the size you're talking about and you don't need to worry about excess storage on the Grip. It's got enough for me and is still minimal but I use every bit of it. It's great for tourneys and traveling but also the casual round. Rainfly and a great warranty. You really can't beat it for long term use. Just a thought.

Latest posts