• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Recommendations for 2011 Christmas Secret Santa

must be after that 13 oz, when it become parcel post. Or perhaps it was signature confirmation. Something like that. regardless, sending just two discs in bubble mailer is about 14 oz, unless you got two lightweight discs. Plus, you can get a padded flat rate envelope, which ships (with confirmation) for $4.95. I ordered a pack today, I'll let ya'll know how much you can fit in one. I can fit two discs into the regular flat rate with some newspaper padding under the domes, but its a tight fit. And I've found the edges of those split before when they came to me. The mailer says you can't add your own stuff to close it...but I tape the label on...my bad if it gets around the edges sometimes.... ;)
Or I'll put tape on the inside of the mailer's edges. Don't want my stuff fallin' out!

must be after that 13 oz, when it become parcel post. Or perhaps it was signature confirmation. Something like that. regardless, sending just two discs in bubble mailer is about 14 oz, unless you got two lightweight discs. Plus, you can get a padded flat rate envelope, which ships (with confirmation) for $4.95. I ordered a pack today, I'll let ya'll know how much you can fit in one. I can fit two discs into the regular flat rate with some newspaper padding under the domes, but its a tight fit. And I've found the edges of those split before when they came to me. The mailer says you can't add your own stuff to close it...but I tape the label on...my bad if it gets around the edges sometimes.... ;)
Or I'll put tape on the inside of the mailer's edges. Don't want my stuff fallin' out!

i tape the top closed all the time and nobody says anything

So if I plan on shipping out a single disc across the country, from MI to CA, what would be my cheapest method? Bubble Mailer? Flat Rate? Hmmmm... I definately haven't shipped much in a while, but my wife always is shipping stuff in and out for work via UPS... any suggestions would be helpful.. thanks!

I'm thinking Bubble Mailer if you buy your bubble mailers in bulk. if you buy them one at a time it might be cheaper to go flat rate because the packages are free.

So if I plan on shipping out a single disc across the country, from MI to CA, what would be my cheapest method? Bubble Mailer? Flat Rate? Hmmmm... I definately haven't shipped much in a while, but my wife always is shipping stuff in and out for work via UPS... any suggestions would be helpful.. thanks!

go to Wal-mart..or anywhere and get a 10x13 envelope.. you can put a single disc in (maybe 2 thin drivers). fold the remaining flap over and package tape it.. costs me about $2.40ish to mail a 175g disc across country. I recently got one that was mailed in a brown paper bag folded around it with my address just Shapied on. Ju7st be sure to put "Do Not Bend!" on both sides of the envelope.

Soloman and Fishy,

I sent you guys a pm a while back with a couple of ideas for the Secret Santa. Just a thought

Latest posts