• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Remix Fairway Driver on Amazon

Thank You for taking one for the team Mocheez! I have 3 discs already coming in the mail and one more might just push my wife over the edge if she gets the mail before I do.

Welcome to my world!
Every time I beat her to the mailbox, it's another disc I can order without scrutiny!

Thought the same thing. Looks a lot like an Alpha...

You nailed it. I got in the mail today. It looks identical to my Mint Alpha. The plastic feels cheaper though with a higher dome and lower PLH. Also there are some scoff marks on the flight plate... I am wondering if these are reject Alphas.

It has all the little markings of one piece MVP molds with two little rings under the flight plate, notches evenly spaced on the nose and a ring of flashing on the bottom of the wing.

Sounds cool, wonder how it flies? Probably alpha like lol.

I never clicked with the Alpha.... but I suck at disc golf.

Ew. Why? I love my discs, but I've never thought to put on in my mouth...

Anyway, seems like this year may have a lot of this going on. Products get some internet interest and a Chinese knock off comes out for the holiday sales period. Shame.

did it give a shipping address on the package?

I didn't think to check the address. It was sold by eSource and fulfilled by Amazon.

I will take some pics and some profiles along side an Alpha. Probably will throw it during my lunch break today.

So any new info?
I see that it's still not PDGA approved.
(I bought one anyway)

Yeah I was a little curious too... when you look in the Amazon description it lists the manufacturer as MVP.

It appears to be the exact same mold as the Mint Alpha. They are very similar in flight; although my Ronin has a lower PLH and a higher dome so it is more workable.

Alpha is yellow and Ronin is Blue...

picture.php

Remix Ronin

I decided to buy and try the Remix Ronin from Amazon as a couple of friends had done the same. I LOVE it! I throw about 450ft. The Ronin tends to be an effortless straight driver flying somewhat between a Teebird and Leopard in Champ plastic. It will glide straight forever or you can shape it on both Hyzer and Anhyzer. My only concern is that it is not on the PDGA list of approved discs. Does anyone know why that would be and how I might be able to change that? I would love to make this my choice of Fairway driver but as someone who plans to move up to MPO next season, I don't want to rely on a disc that I won't be able to use.

The Amazon reviews are telling. Sounds like the straps and seems fall apart almost immediately. $26 sounds like a reasonable price given the poor quality.

The Amazon reviews are telling. Sounds like the straps and seems fall apart almost immediately. $26 sounds like a reasonable price given the poor quality.

So just like the first run of Heropack. This makes me wonder if Remix had kept making the original type Heropack but just made a cheaper version. My cousin had a first run Heropack he got barely used from a friend who used only Innova and I think the cousin now uses a type 2 style Heropack as his old Heropack started falling apart and the other guy got the Superhero when it first came out.

Buy two more and send them to the PDGA with a check for $50.

I know this is likely a joke, but is that possible? Do you actually have to own the IP to get the thing approved?