• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Remote Controlled DG Basket

Hole 5 is Alive

Johnny%205%20from%20Short%20Circuit.jpg

I guess Im gonna be "that guy" but this is just stupid. What is the point of this? It's moves by itself? Who cares...pick up your damn basket and move it. I really don't see the point in this and the people who are marketing this are wasting their time, imo.

It's their time to waste.
$1500? Who's got $1500 for a self-propelled basket?
Personally, I wish them the best, but don't see myself getting one at that price.

I've talk to the creator at a tourney for awhile about it. He said he was marketing them to schools for gym classes. Would u rather be to drive the basket 300ft-400ft and have to wake back to some place and tee off or just tee off from we're you ended the last hole.

I guess Im gonna be "that guy" but this is just stupid. What is the point of this? It's moves by itself? Who cares...pick up your damn basket and move it. I really don't see the point in this and the people who are marketing this are wasting their time, imo.

Way to think about this from one direction! As someone who is working on an "Urban DG"-style video, I would love to not have to carry a basket around all day long. As above, this would be great for helping a gym teacher to introduce disc golf and leave them more time for throwing.

It's their time to waste.
$1500? Who's got $1500 for a self-propelled basket?
Personally, I wish them the best, but don't see myself getting one at that price.

With some heavy-duty R/C components, you could probably build this yourself for a lot less.

Last edited:
While this is great, I still prefer my idea of a bazooka that shoots baskets. The bottom of the pole stabs the ground where it lands and the cage/chains act as the fletching.

Well good luck to them trying to sell to the niche market of "urban DG videographers" and lazy gym teachers.

While this is great, I still prefer my idea of a bazooka that shoots baskets. The bottom of the pole stabs the ground where it lands and the cage/chains act as the fletching.

Looks like it is time to get that Kickstarter up and running. :thmbup:

:D:D

I'm with you there. I think this design and idea was made in between massive quantities of bong hits, Busch Light, and Cool Ranch Doritos.

Lol I can only imagine the battery going dead and me carrying this thing a mile back to the car from deep in the woods. What will they come out with next. They should make the vending machine have the basket on top remote controlled.

There are several flaws from the start...

-$1500
-The worst portable metal basket on the market
-Tilted basket

Good luck to these people, but hopefully they just made 1 of em.

I'm with you there. I think this design and idea was made in between massive quantities of bong hits, Busch Light, and Cool Ranch Doritos.

Replace the Busch Light with a nice craft beer and that doesn't sound like a bad time :D

Latest posts