• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Remote Controlled DG Basket

Give it a scoop and some AI for picking up discs and this thing would be worth it's weight in gold! Maybe add a chair too =P

I'm with you there. I think this design and idea was made in between massive quantities of bong hits, Busch Light, and Cool Ranch Doritos.

Hey man why you gotta be giving away the keys to my incredible brainstorming sessions?

Edit: its bud light platinum now, with a splash of v8 :)

While a lot of time and effort went into this concept, this basket at $1500 makes the plastic chained helix basket a viable option at $89.00....

I could see the use for one with GPS coordinates programmed in, all you do is push a button and it drives itself to the next basket location. Could play a 27 hole course with a group of friends with just the one basket...

I could see the use for one with GPS coordinates programmed in, all you do is push a button and it drives itself to the next basket location. Could play a 27 hole course with a group of friends with just the one basket...

...and geocache disc golf is now a thing.

a safari golfers dream :clap:

I was thinking this would be sweet when laying out a potential course.
You walk to the next tee while you send the basket to the next hole location...you can then tweek it based on what you see from the tee.
I think it would be sweet for course designers.

Anybody could create a course in any specified area. The user just has to own one of these baskets and download the coordinates into the computer, and off you go. Could be perfect for college campus or other current object courses, or parks that can't get a course approved otherwise...

As a certified RC plane pilot, I'm thinking you get maybe 15 minutes of mobility with this thing.

Moving targets, the next course innovation.

My latest brainstorm is to dispense with baskets and have circles. Every player has to have a partner who has to stand in the circle and catch the disc in order to hole out.

As a certified RC plane pilot, I'm thinking you get maybe 15 minutes of mobility with this thing.

How long would it take to move it from one "pin location" to another? 30 seconds? 1 minute?

Hopefully they have taken into account the need to play at least 18 holes on 1 charge of the battery....especially for someone that is willing to give them $1,500.00.

How long would it take to move it from one "pin location" to another? 30 seconds? 1 minute?

Hopefully they have taken into account the need to play at least 18 holes on 1 charge of the battery....especially for someone that is willing to give them $1,500.00.

I suppose they could add a scooter battery, but the transmitter life would still be an issue unless that tech has improved greatly.

I was thinking this would be sweet when laying out a potential course.
You walk to the next tee while you send the basket to the next hole location...you can then tweek it based on what you see from the tee.
I think it would be sweet for course designers.

If the basket was straight, a better basket was used, (i'm not paying $1,500 for a crappy basket), and the charge can last for 10 hrs of use (full day of laying out a course, moving it around....Then I could see this being a decent addition to the designers tool box. Less visualizing, and walking to try slightly different layouts.

Not a horrible concept, but really limited use. For $200 and a friend you can get a discatcher sport and a pack of walkie talkies to do the same thing.

My only problem with it though is the poor build. The basket is slanted so badly. At least build a solid sturdy support (unless this was an April Fools, 1 off build, then fair game, all fun!)

Latest posts