• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Removing sharpie from a disc.

Striker, we use to have a guy on this site who would scam people out of discs and go sell em. He fed off of the community among disc golfers and acted like a regular guy for a while, and then started saying that he had a big tourney in a week and that someone had stolen his bag, so he was wondering if people were willing to send him some of their old discs. It sucked.

He also had really, really bad grammar, so it's just a joke to call someone War Eagle when they mess up a little grammar wise.

Striker, we use to have a guy on this site who would scam people out of discs and go sell em. He fed off of the community among disc golfers and acted like a regular guy for a while, and then started saying that he had a big tourney in a week and that someone had stolen his bag, so he was wondering if people were willing to send him some of their old discs. It sucked.

He also had really, really bad grammar, so it's just a joke to call someone War Eagle when they mess up a little grammar wise.

WOW. What an a-hole. I didn't have that bad of grammer, it was more of just spelling issues from typing really fast. I am sorry to hear about this guy, how long ago was he ruining people's lives?

i have been using hairspray if the sharpie is kinda recent it wipes right off. also, Off the mosquito repellant works sometimes but once the sharpie really sets in to the plastic its gonna be a pain to get off no matter what you use

I got a white Titanic with sharpie written on the front, and I tryed the Mr Clean Magic Eraser, and it is not working. I guess I will just live with it.

Don't use acetone!!! Depending on the plastic, it can dissolve it and make it very sticky. Usually normal rubbing alcohol and a little rubbing will do the trick. I am not sure if this applies to all plastics.

Personally, the Sharpie comes off of my discs after a few hours playing. I have to keep reapplying it.

Don't use acetone!!! Depending on the plastic, it can dissolve it and make it very sticky. Usually normal rubbing alcohol and a little rubbing will do the trick. I am not sure if this applies to all plastics.

Personally, the Sharpie comes off of my discs after a few hours playing. I have to keep reapplying it.

What kind of plastic did it dislove and make sticky? I used acetone on EVERY disc I dye. I have never had any trouble.
Did you let the disc soak in it or what?

can't say acetone has hurt any plastic I've used it on to remove hot-stamps.

i just take a sharpie and trace over what was written and quickly wipe it off. it might leave a little smudge, but if u acdentally wrote a wrong number or something, it works great. my dad told me that and i dident believe him till he did it in front of me