• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Renaissance Park

^ I can identify with most of this. I know the club is working on the course, but as an out-of-towner, Renny was impossible for me to finish. I should have planned to play with locals, but with my work sending me to Charlotte for three days, I had very little time to explore the disc golf scene in the Queen City.

I was beyond disappointed with the layout (especially after hearing that this course is one of the best in the area). Again, I know it's being worked on but please add some signage for folks like me who are unfamiliar with the course. I'm an Eagle Scout and I had a map...still got hopelessly lost and left halfway through the round.

I see the layouts as having huge potential with the landscape but unless you're a local, it is not enjoyable when you spend the majority of your time searching for the next tee box or speculating which basket you're shooting for. I'm glad this is being addressed and hope to give Renny a second chance the next time I have the opportunity!

Stanimal: On behalf of everyone who's ever played a course you've helped build, design or coach along; we thank you! Although I can try, I still can't fully grasp how much blood, sweat and tears have been put into our courses. Renny alone is one of the most ridiculous investments of effort and time I could imagine. You da man! And a sincere thanks to the un-named mob of others who have helped along the way.

I'll echo this as a Charlotte resident and recent returnee to the disc golf scene after 12-15+ years off. I cut my teeth playing Kilborne with sweet DX plastic in the mid '90's. My how times have changed. Also, to introduce myself to the Charlotteans on this thread in hopes that I see you around both on the site and on the local courses!

Heading to Charlotte for 4 days starting tomorrow. Does anyone know where I can find the map for the "Pro Players" layout?

Play Gold.

Ill have a PPC map up on DGCR in about 10 minutes. Check back in 15

Thanks! You da man!

Don't know why you want to play Renny CB, that place is a garbage dump. Okay well it was before they made a course out of it.

Sling well and stay thirsty my friend. You should contact Doug to see if he is playing this weekend.

Just play GOLD. the PPC is not really Renaissance if you ask me. I may NEVER play that layout. the second hole on hole 17 Gold is just... not good. Waste of concrete.

More has been done to improve the gold course lately. Hole 4 has widened up a bunch and is now actually a par 4, not a 4.5. Hole 14 Gold green is awesome now.

Ifske onlyske youske couldske getske throughske holesske 11ske -ske 13ske withoutske runningske intoske 8somesske playingske Renske.

Well alrighty then, gold it is. Stoked about the Charlotte trip. Gonna play sun up to sun down and try to catch the following.
Renny (gold and more)
RL Smith - played it before and LOVE THAT COURSE
Robbins
Bradford
Canann (both courses)
Nevin

If time allows will squeeze in a few others.

Tripper, you KNOW I stay THIRSTY!

I've actually played Renny before with some gold and some gray mixed together due to navigational issues likely caused by the thirstyness. Can't wait to get back. Great course.

Really? I had no idea. Been years since I played around with ol' Renny. So the shorty anhyzer mudslide is gone, and the long downhill right-to-left after that isn't used on the PPC? And in their place we have a new #1 and a new #17? Interesting.

And #9 always plays dogleg up the hill? There isn't a straight basket?

So what about Gold? Is it prettymuch as it has always been?

2f1e0c91.jpg

Last edited:
Well alrighty then, gold it is. Stoked about the Charlotte trip. Gonna play sun up to sun down and try to catch the following.
Renny (gold and more)
RL Smith - played it before and LOVE THAT COURSE
Robbins
Bradford
Canann (both courses)
Nevin

If time allows will squeeze in a few others.

Tripper, you KNOW I stay THIRSTY!

I've actually played Renny before with some gold and some gray mixed together due to navigational issues likely caused by the thirstyness. Can't wait to get back. Great course.

Dry creek is another I would put towards the top of a must-play list. In Monroe, a little outside Charlotte, great variety, very nice piece of land. Never crowded.

Grodney,
Gold is unchanged.

9 has no straight basket as far as I know.
Whats a shorty anhyzer mudslide? There are 3 short anhyzers, 5,7,8 Oh you mean 11&12 From Renny Black/original/gray

We do not play old 11-13 on the short course, I guess.

The new holes (5 of them) are #1, Old 17 and Old 18 are both split into 2 holes.

But I still dont know how you comment on Charlotte disc golf since you havent played anything except Elon in 6 years.

Whats a shorty anhyzer mudslide? There are 3 short anhyzers, 5,7,8 Oh you mean 11&12 From Renny Black/original/gray

We do not play old 11-13 on the short course, I guess.

The new holes (5 of them) are #1, Old 17 and Old 18 are both split into 2 holes.

But I still dont know how you comment on Charlotte disc golf since you havent played anything except Elon in 6 years.

Oh I didn't even notice #17 was broken into 2 holes! ....I only noticed #18. And I'd totally forgotten about old #11. So yeah it was shorty hyzer (#11) then shorty anhyzer mudslide (#12). I guess I thought those came back when y'all instituted Grey......don't know if you did, but whatever I see they're gone now. So yes, you figured out what I was talking about, thanks for clarifying.

And I don't only play Elon.....I played Stallings and Squirrel two weeks ago. Oh and Winthrop Lakefront too. Hahahahahaha. That makes me a Charlotte course expert. Actually, hell, I haven't even played Angry since #15 was lengthened and whatever other changes there were.

No major changes to Golds layout in the last few years but #4 was limbed back and #14s green was majorly rehabbed.

Last edited:
No major changes to Golds layout in the last few years but #4 was limbed back and #14s green was majorly rehabbed.

Thanks for the info from you and 1978. I need to get out there sometime. Got some bros coming out in Oct, so maybe then if not before.

Thanks for the info from you and 1978. I need to get out there sometime. Got some bros coming out in Oct, so maybe then if not before.

Go to Nevin for your first round ever, then go back to Renny.

Go to Nevin for your first round ever, then go back to Renny.

You and your Nevin, sheesh. I actually played Nevin twice on New Year's Eve a few years ago and tried to get you out there but you were a slave to The Man or something and couldn't make it. I sucked first round and crushed it second round and decided to retire it from my repertoire.

Edit: Looked it up it was actually Jan 3 of 2011.

You and your Nevin, sheesh. I actually played Nevin twice on New Year's Eve a few years ago and tried to get you out there but you were a slave to The Man or something and couldn't make it. I sucked first round and crushed it second round and decided to retire it from my repertoire.

Edit: Looked it up it was actually Jan 3 of 2011.

Still never played Bradford?

Latest posts