• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

RENNY REVIEW 2.0?

Placement of a #2 'gold' basket on the side of the ravine seemed very 'over the top' and NOT coducive [sic] for wanting to come back and play.

Can't tell if this is a troll review or not :sick: ... #2 gold is one of the most epic pin placements in all of disc golf IMO.

I dont think it was a troll review. I think the reviewer made it very clear that they prefered easier golf geared towards new players/families.

Imho, its really sh!77y of you guys to down his review on the helpful/unhelpfull option.

I think its sh!77y of him to rate it a 2......he could bash the course as cruel to families in his text but still give it a fair rating. I didn't care for Renny but I realized it was beyond my ability and not really designed for avergae players over 40.

opti . . . I agree with you in theory . . . but he may be a casual golfer who likes easier courses . . . who are we to say his opinion is any less valid than ours as diamond reviewers?

A review is a review, would venture to guess there are way more avid disc golfers (and course travelers) out there actually reviewing courses . . . so our ratings will far outweigh his. If his reasoning is valid I wouldnt thumb it down if he clearly states why he is rating it the way he did. If he just said it is too hard and doesnt explain it, I would either not vote on the review or thumb it down . . . depending on how I am feeling at that moment.

opti . . . I agree with you in theory . . . but he may be a casual golfer who likes easier courses . . . who are we to say his opinion is any less valid than ours as diamond reviewers?

A review is a review, would venture to guess there are way more avid disc golfers (and course travelers) out there actually reviewing courses . . . so our ratings will far outweigh his. If his reasoning is valid I wouldnt thumb it down if he clearly states why he is rating it the way he did. If he just said it is too hard and doesnt explain it, I would either not vote on the review or thumb it down . . . depending on how I am feeling at that moment.

I agree with you in theory.....but the only weapon we have is to rate a review down that we disagree with. I think if the masses say his review has no merit than those reading it will realize this.....my .02 cents

I agree with you in theory.....but the only weapon we have is to rate a review down that we disagree with. I think if the masses say his review has no merit than those reading it will realize this.....my .02 cents

I agree with you in theory . . .and I am fine if you thumb it down . . . I may I may not, I have not decided. I may disagree with his rating . . . but his review is clearly to the point and accurate to the level of play he is used to. i do find it odd he has played in 5 states and only 7 courses . . . or something like that . . . yet he decides to rate only this one?

Whether you agree or not . . . Renny is definitely not suited to 40 year olds or those with ratings under 900 . . . It is designed for better players more able to wal the tough terrain . . . and that is all Renny needs to worry about. It is clearly a course designed for a specific player and that is ok . . . not all courses need to suit all players (although I like to see them try)..

I agree with you in theory . . .and I am fine if you thumb it down . . . I may I may not, I have not decided. I may disagree with his rating . . . but his review is clearly to the point and accurate to the level of play he is used to. i do find it odd he has played in 5 states and only 7 courses . . . or something like that . . . yet he decides to rate only this one?

Renny does seem to divide people...seems to be loved too much or hated too much by many out there.
I think it's just the extreme nature of the basket positions and the navigation and the punitive oob.....it's really not all that much fun....I mean just ask Avery Jenkins lol

I think its fun if you make all the shots . . . if you dont its miserable . . . either way I will enjoy myself even if I am pissed off. Maybe I am too much like Switzerland!

It doesn't matter if you disagree. No where does it say "do you agree?"

Did you find this helpful, and too someone looking for a course to play but not wanting their ass handed to them, his review was fairly helpful.

I think its fun if you make all the shots . . . if you dont its miserable . . . either way I will enjoy myself even if I am pissed off. Maybe I am too much like Switzerland!

I missed a bunch of putts and then missed again and then got really mad and I got lost and yeah I fell down the ravine....twice.....forgive me for thinking "this place sucks" :p

I still gave it a 4 though lol

It doesn't matter if you disagree. No where does it say "do you agree?"

Did you find this helpful, and too someone looking for a course to play but not wanting their ass handed to them, his review was fairly helpful.

I dont find it helpful when I look at a rating that is deflated or inflated...I disagree with the rating...the review was fine

If there was a do you agree/disagree with this rating as well as a did you find this review helpful/unhelpful the site would be less confusing

I dont find it helpful when I look at a rating that is deflated or inflated...I disagree with the rating...the review was fine

If there was a do you agree/disagree with this rating as well as a did you find this review helpful/unhelpful the site would be less confusing

I agree with you . . . only I thumb up or down based on the review not the rating. . . that must be where we differ.

I'll agree to disagree. I personally don't care what the rating is if the review seems to match it and justify it. Obviously there are some extremes such as if he would have given it a zero. I see your point however.

I gave it a 4 myself.

Horrible Review

Currently, the only baskets at Renny are in the Gold Position.

This is to allow the PROS who are playing Renny Gold in the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP to practice the layout before the tournament.

Giving Renny Gold a 2.0 is ignorant and shows lack of respect for one of the greatest courses in the nation.

The rating system on this site needs to be reviewed and this is proof.

The rating was most likely an emotional response to having a bad time at the course. He was obviously rating it based on his skill level. The review has some merit though. It is a tough course. I know people donate a lot of their time to course upkeep and improvements and it doesn't go unnoticed by regular players, but it's not a reason to hate on someone because you don't agree with the rating. There are a lot of other ratings that negate his opinion of the course. The type of people you want to frequent the course won't take his opinion into consideration.

^^^what he said

That 2.0 gave me the kick I needed to finally review this course. I know, my review is short; but why repeat what's already been said?

Whether you agree or not . . . Renny is definitely not suited to 40 year olds or those with ratings under 900 . . . It is designed for better players more able to wal the tough terrain . . . and that is all Renny needs to worry about. It is clearly a course designed for a specific player and that is ok . . . not all courses need to suit all players (although I like to see them try)..

So that's why Renny always kicks my behind. I'm 40 and I suck at disc golf. For what it's worth, I've not yet reviewed Renny, even though it's now more or less my home course, at least the closest to where I live. I'm not sure what I'd give it, and maybe that's part of why I haven't written a review of it yet. I know it wouldn't be a 2, but I just don't know. The one other course I've played and reviewed that's aimed at that skill level, I gave a 5. I don't see myself doing that for Renny though, but I won't completely disagree with someone rating it that highly. Renny is a love/hate kind of place. You can do one or the other, or you can, like me, do both, sometimes at the same time.

Currently, the only baskets at Renny are in the Gold Position.

This is to allow the PROS who are playing Renny Gold in the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP to practice the layout before the tournament.

Giving Renny Gold a 2.0 is ignorant and shows lack of respect for one of the greatest courses in the nation.

The rating system on this site needs to be reviewed and this is proof.

So your suggestion is?? If you play a course and think it sucks, you should first check with everyone else to make sure your opinion is valid? Renny gold does get a little repetitive in places. "Hey, I found a field! Let's throw a deep shot in it :hfive:"

But it's like you said, dont mess mess with Texas.

Latest posts