• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Replace my ESP Crank!

RangerDanger

Hey guys, my bread and butter RHFH disc for the past 8 months or so has been a 173 First Run Red ESP Crank. It would fly straighttttttttt, just a very tight S to get it down the fairway and 99% of the time would have a very light finish to the right, no skips or hooking. I could hit 375+ regularly with it

Now I'm having a problem with it not straightening out. While its drift to the left is nothing extreme, it just doesn't want to come out of it no matter how much hyzer I put on it. It always finishes left. :wall: I can either attribute it to the disc breaking in(even though there is little beating on it) or an increase in arm strength. I really am bummed about it.

The problem I've run into, is any other Crank I've thrown doesn't act the same. I did have 2 First Runs but I traded my light blue away(flew similar, but still not as good) before I could realize my mistake. This Crank is the last non Trilogy disc in my bag. I will probably keep it as a utility for longer slight left finishes.

So in saying all that, I'd like to find a Trilogy replacement. I've been told to try the Havoc as a straighter flying FH disc, but I'd like to get everyones opinion. My Trespasses finish to much to the right and my VIP King (which I love for distance BH) seems too understable for FH and would probably act like my Crank.

Suggestions?

Go with an Opto Havoc. If that turns too much move up to an Opto Halo.

The Swords numbers do intrique me... The problem with Discraft is they don't put speeds? Would the Sword be as fast as the Crank? Is the Havocs +3 fade accurate in Opto?

Halo is a cool disc. But I like the Crank, I think it's Discrafts best driver. do what you want, I'd say get another crank like it just new so its not as beat

Halo is a cool disc. But I like the Crank, I think it's Discrafts best driver. do what you want, I'd say get another crank like it just new so its not as beat

Can't find any First Run ESP's or any that fly the same, I hate them in Z plastic.

Gotta find me a VIP Sword while I'm down in Austin this weekend then. Might grab a Sorcerer too, the 13 speed intrigues me!

get an o lace that is slightly beat in medium plastic for this shot. a lace will flip over but probably not come back for you. the o lace will fade back slightly at the end.

The Swords numbers do intrique me... The problem with Discraft is they don't put speeds? Would the Sword be as fast as the Crank? Is the Havocs +3 fade accurate in Opto?

"Speeds" are an imaginary number based on rim width.

Just find something with a similar rim to keep it in the same speed class.

Crank a little faster than Sword...slightly wider rim. Havoc not +3 fade in any plastic, barely more stable than a Bolt.

After six months my Crank is now awesome. If need be I'd just replace it with another. Try a purple first run. I love mine.

Latest posts