• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Replacement for Ringer GT

dwalk77

Par Member
I throw a JB Ringer GT, but it's getting beat in, and unfortunately I haven't found these in stock for quite some time.

Any recommendations for a very thin low speed approach disc that's not too overstable? I tried a Rhyno, but it's noticeably thicker

How about a Ringer GT in a different plastic? Or is the mold just hard to find regardless of the plastic right now? Personally, I love the Ringer GT in the Z-FLX.

Yes, this is a great mold in zflx if you can find one. They are coming out with molds in all kinds of crazy plastics in the ledge stone drops

Not sure what's coming out but I think the second Ledgestone run of discs should be out this weekend.

DGA Breaker.

this is the answer. I believe the breaker is a ringer GT with a less pronounced 'GT' and a spacer on the nose. They fly pretty similar from what I remember of the ringer gt

Soft X ringer gts should still be out there though, if you really only want to throw the same mold.

I've built up a collection of backups in both X-Soft and Jawbreaker. You can find them sometimes. They're not OOP, just not as high on the priority list as Hawks and Venoms (get off my lawn).

Ledgestone is coming out with something special this weekend (glow maybe).

I am really looking forward to the time where good old plain stock discs are readily available....

Ledgestone Rubber Blend Glo Ringer GT's on Infinite now. I bought two 173 gram ones. I'm not sure but they are all black with different colored stamps. Black is OK for me with an approach disc I suppose.

Ledgestone Rubber Blend Glo Ringer GT's on Infinite now. I bought two 173 gram ones. I'm not sure but they are all black with different colored stamps. Black is OK for me with an approach disc I suppose.

Thanks, I just noticed that too actually. Have you had a chance to throw them yet? Was wondering how the Rubber Blend plastic flies compared to Jawbreaker? My gut is telling me it'd be more overstable with less glide, but maybe I'm wrong. Also, how does it feel in the hands? Is it firm or does it bend a bit?

Thanks, I just noticed that too actually. Have you had a chance to throw them yet? Was wondering how the Rubber Blend plastic flies compared to Jawbreaker? My gut is telling me it'd be more overstable with less glide, but maybe I'm wrong. Also, how does it feel in the hands? Is it firm or does it bend a bit?

It just shipped so it's going to be a few days. I don't live by the store, I think they have a retail location.

I have the 2021 Ledgestone Rubber Blend Drone. I can't say how it compares in flight to Jawbreaker (as I don't have a Jawbreaker Drone), but as far as feel it's much firmer than the challengers I have in Jawbreaker, while feeling more grippy at the same time. Compared to the Ringer GT I have in ProD, the rubber blend is just a titch more flexible.

Hope that helps a little.

Latest posts