• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Replacement for Valk as distance driver?

attik34

Birdie Member
I've gotten to the point that my Star Valk no longer turns and comes back..it just flips up and turns a little...and keeps that line...while i love having that line available...i haven't found anything that is right for me in the replacing it as a fairly narrow S type distance shot. I dont like the saint for it...my pd is...ok i guess...What i like about it is that its amazingly predictable...what i dont like is that it doesnt seem to give me the distance my valk did when given a full throw with an open shot available...I also am having a hard time moving towards the bigger rimmed drivers....

Thoughts....Suggestions...Where would you go from here?

A new Valk would make sense if you already like the disc a lot...

I would say a fresh valk. Sidewinder MIGHT work but probably wont stay as stable for very long. if you like the valk why change?

I have the same issue. I use a sidewinder to get that little bit of fade at the end.

Y U NO like Saint? Don't you know 9 out of 10 DGCR members endorse Swedish plastic?

Just kidding. It's like others have said, if you've found something that works for you and you're both comfortable with and confident in it, why change it? I'm sure you'll get suggestions for 50 different discs that other people like, but if you've found what you need in a disc (a Valk is a great disc, underrated IMO) then stick with it.

The only thing you might want to thing about is getting one in Champ plastic. If you've already got one that's beat to perfection, then a Champ will fly more overstable and stay that way a long, long time.

Escape from DD is a better Valk in my opinion but if you don't like the Saint you might not like the Escape either.

I've gotten to the point that my Star Valk no longer turns and comes back..it just flips up and turns a little...and keeps that line...while i love having that line available...i haven't found anything that is right for me in the replacing it as a fairly narrow S type distance shot. I dont like the saint for it...my pd is...ok i guess...What i like about it is that its amazingly predictable...what i dont like is that it doesnt seem to give me the distance my valk did when given a full throw with an open shot available...I also am having a hard time moving towards the bigger rimmed drivers....

Thoughts....Suggestions...Where would you go from here?

I've used a valk in all runs for over 12 years. Stick with what works my friend.

Latest posts