• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Replacement for Valk as distance driver?

Champ Valk in a lower weight would be my suggestion. Like others stated, why get a different mold when you like the one you're using

Star ORC!

But if you are happy with the Valk stick with it, just a fresh one like everyone is saying.

Last edited:
I love my Bolt. For an uber long disc it has a fairly thin rim (as do all of Lat 64 compared to the rest). I would say it's pretty Valk like. A few other that might work for you are the King, Havoc, and the Tern. The tuffest part was trying to pick which one to put in the bag :)

FWIW the Viking is a retooled Valkyrie (Valkyrie-X).

Another vote for a fresh Valk here.

New Valk. If you like the mold stick with it. At some point your old valk will get too flippy and you can start to really build a rotation of stages of wear.

Old pearly Orc. Great s-shot disc.

If you want a higher-speed disc, try a beat-up lighter weight *D Destroyer, or a Tern. (Havent thrown a Tern yet, however).

If you want a higher-speed disc, try a beat-up lighter weight *D Destroyer, or a Tern. (Havent thrown a Tern yet, however).

^^ This^^ Try and find you a 165 *D Destroyer, break that sucker in some, and watch it go. One of the prettiest shots I love to throw. I like how you crank on it and holds, or power it down for that Valkyrie range.

^^Forgive my attitude/tone of "voice" but how exactly does a beat Destroyer act like a beat Valkyrie?

EDIT: or a new Valk for that matter

:popcorn:

Last edited:
^^Forgive my attitude/tone of "voice" but how exactly does a beat Destroyer act like a beat Valkyrie?

Never said it would act like a Valkyrie, But that the lighter *D that I use for turnovers when powered down works well for the Distance ranges I use to get out of a champ Valkyrie I had. I just use that lighter destroyer for TO now because it covers so many different distances. So the valk got taken out.

Replace it with a new Star Valkyrie and keep that one in the bag. Even though there are longer drivers, the Valkyrie is a predictable workhorse.

I have two Champ Valks in the bag at all times; one that still fades at the end of the flight and one that doesn't. This covers a wide variety of shots. I also carry a third totally beat Champ Valkyrie when I need a roller or play at high altitude.

The Valkyrie has a predictable life cycle that players can utilize to cover a variety of shots.

Gotta love this place. Ask about a Valk you get ideas ranging from a Destroyer to a Fuse. I feel much better about saying a DD Escape now.

Last edited:

Because *D are flippy as hell lol but if you snap it with hyzer it will pan out, turn wide, and fade at the end. You know....like a Valk does. :)

Last edited:
I got pissed off at Innova for sneaking the plus rim onto Valks so I went to the P-PD personally. The Viking is a good suggestion too though.

It's good to know I'm not alone, but I might need to start a support group. Give us our Valkyries back! Show me the PATENT #!

Gotta love this place. Ask about a Valk you get ideas ranging from a Destroyer to a Fuse. I feel much better about saying a DD Escape now.

I recently picked up a Lucid Escape @ 170 and IMO the flight is more like a wraith or faster Teebird than a valkyrie, but maybe at lighter weights it would fit the bill.. The escape is making a serious run at the wraiths/teebirds in my bag right now though. I would suggest a relatively lighter Krait, Surge, or a heavier Valkyrie.