• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Replacing my rocs

Spinney105

I am shying away from innova. And the rancho and kc pro(beat up and goes right)aren't working for me. I throw a truth, MVP axis and the 2 Rocs. Any suggestions? I need something OS,and US

Last edited:
What isn't working for you about them?
Are they too deep or you don't like the plastic?
Suggestions vary wildly depending on your issue with the Roc

ah, you want to literally replace with a different mold feel/plastic etc? not a similar mold but from a different company?

Axiom theory or MVP tangent will be like a nice beat up roc that can hold straight hyzer flip or slight turnovers and glidey annys that hold to the ground.

his Truth/Axis are pretty buzzz like already I would think @ranger.

Axiom theory or MVP tangent will be like a nice beat up roc that can hold straight hyzer flip or slight turnovers and glidey annys that hold to the ground.

his Truth/Axis are pretty buzzz like already I would think @ranger.

It's the auto answer if someone doesn't like the buzzz.

Truth is definitely a buzzz. I honestly haven't thrown the axis in a few years. Can't even remember why I didn't care for it.

Theory is an excellent disc. I would start there. Vector too but maybe more OS compared to a new roc.

I'm a big fan of the Yao as I like Rocs but don't love beads and smaller diameter discs feel better to me.

The Yao is like a brand new USDGC Champ Roc and the shrunk it a bit and cut off the bead without losing Stability.

They beat in beautifully. I prefer the Phoenix(champ/Z style) over the Dragon. The Dragons came out a little domey and are almost Hornet like. If you can find the in the US I love the Tiger line which beat into a great turnover mid, and they can absolutely bomb.

I've never thrown a champ roc. Is it close to a z wasp in flight?

Any suggestions? I need something OS,and US

For the understable disc, consider a Prodigy M4. It's pretty versatile, but when thrown with the slightest bit of anny it will turn over and go to the right (RHBH) to your heart's content. The Discraft Stratus is also understable and pretty good.

For OS, the MVP Vector is like the Roc3 in feel, and is similar in flight but a bit more OS than the Roc3.

Last edited:
You always hear that a z wasp is the poor man's champ roc

I've never heard that. You should avoid those people. Z Wasp is an excellent disc. Discraft does you a favor by providing the mold you want for under $15. Innova could produce rancho Rocs in champion plastic for regular production but they don't because they like being annoying sometimes.

Yeah, I like the wasp. Just too cheap to buy a champ doc, so I'll never know.

A good Champ Roc(not Roc3) is slightly more OS than a Wasp IMO.