• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Replacing my rocs

There are Roc people... And there are Buzzz people.
I'm a Buzzz people, maybe you are too.

as said by a few people already, z wasp. I compliment mine with a truth and a meteor. My first z wasp is slowly starting to beat in and it is has the most amazing flight. Straight for days, glide for weeks, but still with a enough overstablity to remain consistent

If you do decide to try a similar mold, I got a couple Ghosts yesterday and I'm pretty blown away. Point and shoot, variety of plastic options, and Protege seems perfect to cycle.

I've been bouncing around quite a few mid setups and nothing has excited me until I threw these. I honestly wasn't expecting much. I had attempted to go back to Rocs but they just felt...off.

If you do decide to try a similar mold, I got a couple Ghosts yesterday and I'm pretty blown away. Point and shoot, variety of plastic options, and Protege seems perfect to cycle.

I've been bouncing around quite a few mid setups and nothing has excited me until I threw these. I honestly wasn't expecting much. I had attempted to go back to Rocs but they just felt...off.

How would you describe the grip of your protege ghosts? I find them way too slick and I struggle to hold on to them through my release. I find KC Pro is a little softer/grippier which is what I prefer but I'm basing this off of only 2 or 3 protege ghosts.

How OS are you talking? Because the Justice will leave your hand and immediately bury itself in the earth. Its actually an awesome meathook of a mid thats good for getting around stuff and skip shots. US mids - I love me some Tursas

How would you describe the grip of your protege ghosts? I find them way too slick and I struggle to hold on to them through my release. I find KC Pro is a little softer/grippier which is what I prefer but I'm basing this off of only 2 or 3 protege ghosts.

My Protege ghosts feel just like the old 10X / early 11X KC Pro plastic. So yes, definitely harder and a little more slick when new. I think that's mostly what they were going for, lots of guys who came up throwing those discs find the newer KC Pro to be too soft for their liking.

The only time I have grip issues with Protege are when it's very cold. At that point I switch out for Gravity. But when it's warm or wet out, I don't have any problems with it.

The Ghost is a good replacement for the Roc if you're just looking to get away from Innova. They are basically Roc clones with a little more dome, in different plastic blends. A little straighter out of the box, like a slightly beat Roc. But the feel is extremely similar.

ive seen it mentioned in here a few times already but i have another vote for Ghost. I was a huge roc thrower for a good 4-5 years and would keep 4-6 in my bag at all times.. from beat dx..kc pro.. all the way up to champ and i replaced them ALL with Ghosts. Feels similar in the hand and you get a pile of plastic options and dont have to concern yourself with Plus mold, v mold, 3 mold, etc. .. thats what drove me way from the roc in the first place.. but yeah its a great do it all mid.. i carry Excel and Protege but will sneak in a Pinnacle or Legend if i need extra beef

Buzzz for a like speed disc. I've been playing with a Gateway Warrior that I'm really liking. If you want a little faster speed a Westside Warship, or a Latitude 64 Claymore are both really great choices.