• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Reptilian Disc Golf: Chameleon

Just threw my Chameleon around a bit and I think this will be a useful disc for a lot of people. I don't know if I have thrown a disc that feels exactly like this.

The rim feels about like a 9/10 speed with a turned down edge similar to something like an Escape or Valk but the rim is super blunt and rounded.

The only disc with a nose this blunt I've felt are the Yikun Fu and the Viking Barbarian. I'm not an aerodynamics expert, but I think that very thick/blunt nose gives what would otherwise be a pretty understable disc a really useable flight. Seems to have a decent bit of glide and a touch of turn when thrown flat and the fade is there but not super strong.

Plastic is very nice, kind of gummy champ feeling with good grip, but not floppy at all.

I got a field work session in with my chameleons
Brought a H3v2, Instinct and a Petro with me.
The Chameleon is a unique disc for sure. I love the feel, 9/10 speed rim is probably my favorite for comfort. It feels better than my H3v2s and flys most similar. It has more turn and more fade making it really effortless to shape shots with. I was surprised how hard it would turn on some angles but very predictably after a dozen throws. It actually turns more easily than my petro but definitely pulls out of that turn more predictably.
There could be quite a bit of overlap between the two playing more open golf but throw some trees in the mix and they would both have plenty of room to shine. Wish it were approved and I had it last weekend for a couple holes.
I think the instinct will be more crowded in my bag now, but that may leave room for something with more bite (tyrant when we are blessed with another run?)

The Chameleon is PDGA Approved!

It never gets old seeing a new mold listed beneath our name.

We are sending off the art file today so we should have these stamped in the next two weeks or so!

This fairway driver is a workhorse for me. I absolutely love throwing forehand hyzer flips with it. So easy to get it to flip up, bend around some trees and fight back at the end.

Attachments

• received_356210019975510.jpg
    received_356210019975510.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 19
Stamp looks great!

I've been throwing mine around and it hyzerflip a really well and does nose up stall hyzer shots well also, and turns over and holds like a champ from flat.

Have had a hard time dialing it in for S curves but I've only had 10-15 throws with it so far.

Looks quite similar to some of the flights I am getting out of mine. It's filling a role I never really had a disc for. I have always thrown more stable discs for the shapes I am consistently getting out of the Chameleon. It also it a great control/fairway for my flip up sidearms.

The Chameleon is going to change the way I carve up fairways I bet. It's what I've as wanted the Undertaker to be.

The Chameleon is going to change the way I carve up fairways I bet. It's what I've as wanted the Undertaker to be.

That's a good take on it.

It is what I wanted the Convict to be. Which is very similar to the Undertaker.

Both molds were great one occasion but not reliable. The Chameleon has never left me surprised with what it did in the air.

I get a guaranteed gradual turn and reliable finish on ever flight. And that is a fantastic thing to have in my limited bag.

Both molds were great one occasion but not reliable. The Chameleon has never left me surprised with what it did in the air.

I get a guaranteed gradual turn and reliable finish on ever flight. And that is a fantastic thing to have in my limited bag.

Same here. I never could get a consistent fairway to turn gradually and then fade back nicely, no matter which of the 15+ molds I tried before the Chameleon. I've tried the following and more:
Valkyrie
Undertaker
Convict
Eagle-X
Eagle-L
TeeBird
Stalker
Passion
Sycamore
Locust
Thunderbird
FD
Exodus
Mantis
TL
River
Savant
Escape
Saint

Same here. I never could get a consistent fairway to turn gradually and then fade back nicely, no matter which of the 15+ molds I tried before the Chameleon. I've tried the following and more:
Valkyrie
Undertaker
Convict
Eagle-X
Eagle-L
TeeBird
Stalker
Passion
Sycamore
Locust
Thunderbird
FD
Exodus
Mantis
TL
River
Savant
Escape
Saint

Extensive list. I have tried all but three of those to similar results. Some have too much turn. Others don't turn enough.

The Chameleon is a sweet spot flyer for me. I like having the Ptero as my dead straight flyer with max glide and the Chameleon for more line shaping and hyzer flipping.

Apparently our China facility is running Tyrants this week so I'll hold my breath that they come out decent enough to get some out to you all.

Good Lord, would you quit making me want to buy more golf discs?

*doesn't understand marketing at all*

Good Lord, would you quit making me want to buy more golf discs?

*doesn't understand marketing at all*

LOL. The cool thing about obtaining this mold is that I didn't necessarily want this disc when it became available. To me it was just another combination disc mashing up Assassin and Blade.

But when I started throwing it, I became a little obsessed with obtaining it. The feel alone for me is a win because it feels so dang chunky. I love the hand feel compared to a smaller rimmed disc.

I am not sure how many of these we will sell based on the amount of competition in the market on this type of flight path... But the plastic feel IMO is superior to anything Innova and Discraft offers. And the flight is significantly more reliable for me. So maybe folks will end up preferring it in the long run VS a competitors mold.

Well I went ahead and ordered a couple of these.....and a Ptero. And a Liz wiz.

But I justified it by adding a hoodie to the cart. Which I do need. So it was really a necessary purchase. That's what I'll tell the wife at least :p

The Chameleon got a ton of use in my bag this weekend at high plains challenge. Lots of holes needing specific shapes and it rocks so many of them. Steep hyzer that glides out a long ways left, straight shots I need to flip up carry straight turn and fade, Turn overs that hold a long ways but pull out slowly…. It did work. Took some petro shots, some that would have been an anax or instinct. It turns more reliably than the CD2s I used to bag, without being flippy like the flippier CD2s I would bag.

Latest posts