• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Reptilian Disc Golf : Komodo

Just a few throws in the field with the Komodo and it is a very unique disc. Initially I thought the micro bead could be a detractor for me, especially FH but I didn't really notice it at all. The shoulder is substantial though, and if I could change anything about the disc it would be to lower that slightly.

The fight has a lot of potential. Both forehand and backhand I was able to push it straight a long way(surprisingly long FH) and then it just turns sideways and dumps. I'm interested in seeing what type of lines it can carve when manipulated on different angles, a straight to dump disc has a lot of utility on the wooded/OB heavy courses I play and I could see this being a good bet for those holes.

Haven't tried to skip it much yet but I bet it will do that well.

Plastic feels amazing, very stiff but with some grip to it and just a bit of give in the flight plate. I got a light blue and a navy, the Navy was a gift for a friend of mine and it has some sparkles to it. I'll also let you guys know how he throws it as he's a 65 year old with 275 power and his take may be more valuable for some.

Profile of the Komodo. Very interesting feel, but comfortable.

Attachments

• BC34BEA7-8541-4798-85D8-59ACA74EA15E.jpg
    BC34BEA7-8541-4798-85D8-59ACA74EA15E.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 55
Had several guys throwing the Komodo at league last night and they were all really impressed. The way it holds up to power, but fades minimally could be a real asset on courses(like the 3 our league plays) with a lot of OB and the need for a disc to pull up quick.

I think it's a winner.

Had several guys throwing the Komodo at league last night and they were all really impressed. The way it holds up to power, but fades minimally could be a real asset on courses(like the 3 our league plays) with a lot of OB and the need for a disc to pull up quick.

I think it's a winner.

Got word that the three Komodo that I sent in to the PDGA failed due to stiffness...

That said, we are going to resubmit some next week that will assuredly pass.

Glad you're digging the mold and spreading the word! I think it's a killer disc. I'm heading down to South Carolina today for vacation and I brought an RDG arsenal to carve up a few courses when the fam is napping.

Got word that the three Komodo that I sent in to the PDGA failed due to stiffness...

That said, we are going to resubmit some next week that will assuredly pass.

Glad you're digging the mold and spreading the word! I think it's a killer disc. I'm heading down to South Carolina today for vacation and I brought an RDG arsenal to carve up a few courses when the fam is napping.

I'll hold the proto one out of my bag for a little longer then! Have a good trip. If you pass through north GA on your way shoot me a text.

First Run KOMODO are in production. Yesterday they ran stiff Armor and they molded up perfectly.

Today they are going to throw in a bit of softer Amber plastic so that we have no issue getting this batch through PDGA Approval.

Stamp plates should show up this week so I'd imagine we will have stamped Komodo available late next week.

Attachments

• IMG_20220615_112015_01.jpg
    IMG_20220615_112015_01.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 29
The more I throw this disc the more I feel like it may be your next hit.

The fight is so unique, there aren't many available that resist torque this well while not having a ton of fade. The feel takes a minute to get used to but we all said the same thing about the Stego and it's gotten a huge following(myself very much included)

I'm currently throwing blades but I'm not too heavily invested in them. This might just apply to Jamie but how does the Komodo compare to the Blade?

I'm currently throwing blades but I'm not too heavily invested in them. This might just apply to Jamie but how does the Komodo compare to the Blade?

The Blade was never OS enough for me in the slot it was "designed" for.

For me the Blade is a killer OLF stand in. But it was never the beefy wind fighter I needed.

The Komodo has significantly more HSS and a more dumpy fade. If you like GOOD Firebirds, the Komodo does that job very well IMO. Fantastic HSS and a sharp but dumpy finish.

I probably would carry a Blade as my Gateway-made Thundy type mold ( the new run is really non beefcake) but the Chameleon is doing major work as my faster fairway mold.

Did a quick video review on the Komodo and Chameleon!
They are both great, but the Komodo I particularly like.

https://youtu.be/A7zrPDQhVp0

Thanks as always dude! I just shared it on FB.

The Komodo devoured your power. I have yet to get that full of a flight out of mine.

I touch 400 ft max on backhand (real internet distance lol) and it doesn't turn AT All for me. So to see you get a. - 5 touch of turn was cool. Nice disc for power players and more casual as well.

Thanks as always dude! I just shared it on FB.

The Komodo devoured your power. I have yet to get that full of a flight out of mine.

I touch 400 ft max on backhand (real internet distance lol) and it doesn't turn AT All for me. So to see you get a. - 5 touch of turn was cool. Nice disc for power players and more casual as well.

Thanks man, i really like it. The flight is unique in a very useful way!

Took a little while to get a few rounds in since I have been in the middle of a move.

Holy cow the Komodo is sweet. Beefier than my preds and doesn't have that glide. I am getting great spike hyzers that seem to just come down so steep. Thrown low I am getting predictable bouncing skips. Much more predictable than discs that like to flare. I do not get them as far as I could a pred, but didn't expect to. They compliment my Spirits and Anax much better.
The OH is great, I throw some thumber and never have loved the dropping pan you get with most discs (xxx or firebird types). This joins the short list that seems to keep elevation while flipping making it easier to throw over stuff.
I have a lot of work left to go but so far I am impressed.

I was throwing the heck out of my proto Komodo today. The wooded course I was playing had several holes where the overstability with an abrupt fade was advantageous and it killed it. Excited to try the newer run.