• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Reptilian Disc Golf's First Mold: The Scale (OS P&A)

picture.php

Top Left Hand Corner

I'll see if I can get a better one tonight.

picture.php

Top Left Hand Corner

I'll see if I can get a better one tonight.

That was such a solid run. I have one or two in a box somewhere as well.

The new runs of the experimental plastic Scales are amazing, BTW. I got a white stiff 175g and yellow soft 173g. No noticeable flight differences between the two. Fly just like the proto Scales from years ago, with a very silky feel to the plastic.

That was such a solid run. I have one or two in a box somewhere as well.

The new runs of the experimental plastic Scales are amazing, BTW. I got a white stiff 175g and yellow soft 173g. No noticeable flight differences between the two. Fly just like the proto Scales from years ago, with a very silky feel to the plastic.

Yeah I LOVE this plastic.

Infinite asked me what we were calling this blend and I could not for the life of me figure out a new name...

So I landed on Fo$$IL Fuel/Fo$$IL

I think it captures the new age feel of this version of Fossil while differentiating it from the old runs.

Dave hasn't told me the recipe for these but these sure feel like $$$ plastic to me. Albeit a bit more rigid.

New Amror Scales "should" be ran within the next few days too!

Ha! I would love to make a lid mold at some point.

Thanks for the support! I am really confident that this plastic will help keep these molds in your bag. The more I use it the more I love it.

Well the scale is in the bag again for sure. Dumpy approaches and pitch putting it has been $. I can really trust these ones to hit and stick really well. Been throwing them when I need fade.
The serpent is being toyed with as well. I really like it for berg shots I want to push a touch further or backhand berg shots.

Well the scale is in the bag again for sure. Dumpy approaches and pitch putting it has been $. I can really trust these ones to hit and stick really well. Been throwing them when I need fade.
The serpent is being toyed with as well. I really like it for berg shots I want to push a touch further or backhand berg shots.

Thanks for the support! This run of Scales is fantastic. I talked to Gateway this morning and it sounds like Armor Scales should run Wednesday or Thursday!!!

I need some help generating momentum for the Scale. It's kinda boring but it's so reliable. I love that it is slower than the Harp, Toro, Breaker crowd. But that limits its appeal a bit bc folks can't torque it over on a FH without it fluttering.

And I agree with you on the Serp as well. It is a sneaky good mold as stealing shots. I exclusively use a small bag so often times the Serp doesn't make the cut and when I finally throw one in and I always question whether or not I am making a mistake by not brining one with me more often.

The Wiz/Scale handles most putter drives but sometimes a low glide, brick ish flight is called for and the Serp gets up and down without any fuss.

The serpent is one of the best molds for matching the slope of a green. These softer ones grab even better. I play a bit in the mountains so having a slower disc that basically plops on the ground flat is the best way to guarantee no roll.

How does the serpent compare to the berg?

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk

Serpent and Berg have similar flights but the Serpent may have a smidge more turn potential (smidge)

And the Serp is a classic putter speed whereas the Berg is slower IMO.

This new run of Armor Serps are pretty stout though and will make amazing driving Serps.

The serpent is probably the best berg replacement.
I agree with Jamie, It is slightly faster, slightly glidier, and has a bit more distance capability. Slightly easier to turn.
I prefer the serpent backhand and berg FH, but not everyone likes the feeling of the berg.

Serp is faster with more glide and high speed turn. We're not talking a huge difference however. I used to struggle to explain to people how straight a Serpent was but now that everybody and their mother is throwing a Berg, I just tell them it's a faster Berg.

Biggest difference is that the Serp is more comfortable to hold and throw than a Berg, especially BH.

Scale vs Devilhawk?

Scale is a Wizard bottom with a top I designed. There is a slight thumb divot that doesn't really affect handfeel.

Devilhawk is a Chief OS bottom with a huge thumbtrac top. The groove feels great FH but I hate it backhand.

In terms of flight the Scale is slower and less aggressive.

Scale is to Rhyno
Devilhawk is to Zone

BEHOLD!!!

Gateway ran Armor Scales ALLL day yesterday.

We have plenty of stock to go around and they turned out awesome.

Slighty flexible, nice and tacky & only the slightest hint of dome. Nearly flat.

On a full power rip these bad boys are fighting out of torque and fading hard.

Perfectly OS Scale flight in a bullet proof plastic.

I can't wait to get these stamped and ready for you all!!

Attachments

• 20220519_093148.jpg
    20220519_093148.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 20220519_093214.jpg
    20220519_093214.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 32
  • 20220519_093153.jpg
    20220519_093153.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 34