• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Repurposed Bags for Discs

Soft copper pipe is, hard pipe is another story. I live in a 120 year old house so I get to mess with plumbing issues every once in a while. Type L hard copper pipe is some tough stuff. Plus should I drop it I can always heat it up and replace the section that it damaged. Copper doesn't tarnish super fast either, it will eventually but not while you watch it. I've got pipes in my basement that have been around for longer then I have and they are dull but not green yet. It wouldn't be maintenance free like PVC, but I bet a few minutes after a month of play would keep it clean and shiny.

I do like sweating copper better than gluing PVC. Be sure to post pics if you get around to building your metal masterpiece.

Seen a dude carrying discs around in an Easter basket. Didn't seem gay at the time but now that I think about it------------------

1st post!!! Check out my maxpedition versi-pack. It holds six discs and a putter and has tons of pockets and a 32oz drink holder. And as an added bonus its so tough you could seriously drag it all the way to the course.

Attachments

• downsized_0504001018.jpg
    downsized_0504001018.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 96
  • downsized_0504001018a.jpg
    downsized_0504001018a.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 94
I did use a small fanny pack that held about 4-5 discs. It was fine to get started. I didn't wear it as such, just carried it, using the strap over-the-shoulder.

that is pretty cool but i would be worried about contamination from the glue

The bag looks sweet but it is my understanding that pvc (white) is toxic and used for drainage while cpvc (off white) is safe for drinking water. Correct me if I'm wrong but its what I was always told.

1st post!!! Check out my maxpedition versi-pack. It holds six discs and a putter and has tons of pockets and a 32oz drink holder. And as an added bonus its so tough you could seriously drag it all the way to the course.

That's pretty sweet. How much does something like that cost and where would somebody find one? I have a few friends that are disc minimalists and wouldn't get much use out of most bags and don't want to shell out $45 for a Nutsac, but if the price was right, they'd snatch that right up.

Oh, and welcome to the site! :thmbup:

Thats the only prob with the maxpedition is it's about 80 bucks. I had mine long before I started throwing it's actually made as a concealed carry pack. I wasn't joking about draging it to the course though it is that well made. It's made from the best nylon made I think they say it's 2000 or 2500. oh and I got mine at a gun show but you can find the stuff all over the web.

For smaller disc rounds i like to use a nike "satchel" or shoe bag with the drawsting top and straps. Is very light and holds up to 9-10 discs plus my drink comfortably

That's pretty sweet. How much does something like that cost and where would somebody find one? I have a few friends that are disc minimalists and wouldn't get much use out of most bags and don't want to shell out $45 for a Nutsac, but if the price was right, they'd snatch that right up.

Oh, and welcome to the site! :thmbup:

That bag can be found here.
http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/Versipacks-c4.htm

Last edited:
Holy kreeyap. Those bags look tough, but I don't know how/when I'd be able to justify spending so much on something so small.

really neat murses and fanny packs...

hehe, they look nice, but i agree
if i was an undercover and needed a nice place to conceal my handgun, i'd be all over it

looks like its a really nice small bag to use though, i'm sure many others that see you carrying it would also agree

I took a hiking backpack with an internal frame and built a small pvc frame for the discs in the bottom section. It holds 16 discs in the bottom and 2 putters in the "putter pocket". The straps are super comfy and are completley adjustable for fit. In the top section it will hold a 9 can soft hard-sided cooler or it can be used with a camelback style water bladder. It turned out very well for what I had in mind and I get tons of compliments on it every time I use it.

p1100012.jpg

p1100017o.jpg

Latest posts