• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Results not posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvdg jake

Par Member
Anyone ever had a problem with a TD who has not submitted results for rating updates. The tourney was in early march and its still not being shown on ratings. PDGA seems they don't really care? They said all they can do is send a email to remind them (again) to submit it. I asked PDGA why I pay them 50.00 a year and they let crap like this happen. What should happen to the TD?

Anyone ever had a problem with a TD who has not submitted results for rating updates. The tourney was in early march and its still not being shown on ratings. PDGA seems they don't really care? They said all they can do is send a email to remind them (again) to submit it. I asked PDGA why I pay them 50.00 a year and they let crap like this happen. What should happen to the TD?

Have you contacted the TD to find out what the story is? It's not as though the PDGA has some kind of magic wand they can wave to make the TD do what he is supposed to do. I'd bet the more people try to contact the TD and give him crap about it, the more likely he'll do his job.

As for what should happen to the TD...take a look at the PDGA disciplinary list. Out of 40 members listed, 80% of them are suspensions for not turning in event reports or not paying event fees (which might also include not submitting a report). The PDGA is fairly on top of this sort of thing, but there's only so much they can actually do.

Yes, twice. TD the first time said he had a F-up on his end but turned it back in to PDGA and should be on the April 25? Update. Well when that one came out I sent him another message asking about it. He said it has been submitted and should be on the may 21st update. Well guess what....still not there. I contacted pdga about after each update trying to find out if it was ever turned in and they have no record of him sending it. The TD won't answer me back now that I mentioned I asked PDGA about it and caught him in a lie.

I understand that. I guess more or less what I'm asking is....how long is too long before some kinda penalty? 3 updates? 5 updates? Never?

Yes, twice. TD the first time said he had a F-up on his end but turned it back in to PDGA and should be on the April 25? Update. Well when that one came out I sent him another message asking about it. He said it has been submitted and should be on the may 21st update. Well guess what....still not there. I contacted pdga about after each update trying to find out if it was ever turned in and they have no record of him sending it. The TD won't answer me back now that I mentioned I asked PDGA about it and caught him in a lie.

Good that you contacted the TD. Keep on him until the results get turned in. Hell, offer to help put together and submit the report yourself if he's having trouble and it will get things done faster.

Guess what I found bothersome about your first post is you cite the PDGA and seem to think they have some responsibility in this event not being posted yet, but it seems to be entirely on the TD. If you're going to start a thread to call anyone out, call the TD out, not the PDGA. Maybe a bit of public humiliation would be the motivation the guy needs.

No I'm blaming the PDGA at all!!! I just think that if people pay them for this service they should have to crack down on poor TDs when stuff like this happens. I understand they are super busy and I'm just venting about it. I have put off calling the TD out and putting him on blast. But if its not on the next one I will have to.

I think some of you guys read too far into this. I just wanna know what kinda penalties he could face and for how long. IM NOT BLAMING PDGA FOR HIS LAZYNESS!!!

Hey guys, I'm Max the TD of the Camp Durant Classic March 9-10. And I'm the person he's talking about. I have definitely messed up in not getting the report in on time. It is a mix of me messing it up the first time and some poor communication between me and my assistant TD. It will all be resolved, however I have an actual paying job that is very demanding at this time. Just want to set the record straight, I have messed up some with this event but it's not laziness and I do not lie.

: ) :

Yeah I saw your message then got called away from the computer. And you know what they say out of site out of mind. I'm actually having to take a day off work to catch up with several personal items. It will be handled by next Wednesday.
: ) :

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts