• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Retrievers - not golden

teekso

So I was wondering who here uses a retriever other than the golden (http://www.discdiver.com/)

I have an 18 ft. telescopic golf ball retriever with a hook on the end. Not great, but I am looking to rig it someway.

Any ideas, pics, suggestions?

I'm not familliar with the bg retriever, how much are they?

I don't know what the end of it looks like, but I'd imagine a bendable wire in the shape of a triangle with the end poking up a lil
,_
\/
|

One of my friends ues a 30ft kite pole with a treble hook on the end. Works great when the retriever wont

Here is the golf ball retriever
314FYKMM0VL._AA400_.jpg

Now you remove the ball part at the end and mine has this hook -
932511bd-e07c-4982-a8f3-f61fc674055e_400.jpg

So the pole extends out 18 ft and the hook can grab your disc.

Question - how does the treble hook work, pretty good? Like this -
MUTBN.JPG

I carry a retriever similar to yours. I cut the plastic end off (mine was yellow) and drill 2(Two) 1/8" holes, one about a half inch from the end, the other about an inch from the end. I use 2 pieces of 12 guage wire (similar to a wire coathanger) wrapped around the pole (and through the holes) to fashion 2 ends that stick out from the pole. You can bend the ends to different angles or keep them straight, but when you cut the wire, cut it on an angle so you get a little bit of a point.

**DISCLAIMER**
This product is NOT intended for little children or drunks.

zvvqps.jpg

11tvgpf.jpg

1tk1vr.jpg

heres my first attemt, i'm gonna craft another, but i needed one, came home made it in bout 15 minutes, went back to course and it got my disc...
theres alot better designs, my next one won't look like this, but it was great in a pinch

The palms here in florida will swallow discs pretty quickly, so I bought a kite pole. It's a 31' telescopic pole made of fiberglass. It compacts to about the same size of your 18' golf ball retrievers, and is a little heavier too. I don't carry it all the time, but its always in my car. I have it modified with a clip on the end to attach my golden retriever. I bought the thing on ebay for $20. Its pretty badass, and I haven't lost a disc in the water or a tree since I've owned it. I attached a few pics to show you guys

Attachments

• IMG00130-20100308-1829.jpg
    IMG00130-20100308-1829.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG00132-20100308-1834.jpg
    IMG00132-20100308-1834.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG00133-20100308-1836.jpg
    IMG00133-20100308-1836.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 52
The palms here in florida will swallow discs pretty quickly, so I bought a kite pole. It's a 31' telescopic pole made of fiberglass. It compacts to about the same size of your 18' golf ball retrievers, and is a little heavier too. I don't carry it all the time, but its always in my car. I have it modified with a clip on the end to attach my golden retriever. I bought the thing on ebay for $20. Its pretty badass, and I haven't lost a disc in the water or a tree since I've owned it. I attached a few pics to show you guys

Wow! Make sure you look up for power lines!

Latest posts