• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

returning marked discs

Here's my first experience of calling the number and returning a disc. The person lived like 2 hours away. They come back a couple weeks later to play. So I go over to the course on my own time and return disc. Am I suppose to get a tip? I didn't get nothing. I look them up and they have decent winnings in tournaments and spending plenty of money on more tournaments. So why would they want their disc back if they get plenty of money and free discs and I don't even get a cent. I'll get my alcohol out next time.

Necro bumping a lost disc thread? :wall: If your parents failed to teach you right from wrong, why would you think we could succeed?

Ahh yes, nothing like bumping a lost disc thread to rationalize one's sense of entitlement.

I miss Prerube at times like these.

If someone was choking and you saved their life by giving them the Heimlich, would you expect them to pay you?

Do you keep one dollar bills in your pocket to hand to anyone who holds a door for you or waves for you to go first at a stop sign?

Do you think people should only do the right thing when incentivized?

I think is sounded like the founder did not even get the thank you back from them, more like that person took the disc when the founder called the person to let them know.

Here's my first experience of calling the number and returning a disc. The person lived like 2 hours away. They come back a couple weeks later to play. So I go over to the course on my own time and return disc. Am I suppose to get a tip? I didn't get nothing. I look them up and they have decent winnings in tournaments and spending plenty of money on more tournaments. So why would they want their disc back if they get plenty of money and free discs and I don't even get a cent. I'll get my alcohol out next time.

do you think disc golfers are rich from tournament winnings LMAO! do the right thing because you hopefully also know how important that perfectly seasoned and worked in disc is and you cherish its flight. Seriously, I question whether you disc golf for the right reasons. If I lose a disc 2 hours away you can keep it... unless its one of those discs you are just kind of lost without. c'mon man.

Which is worse.....a necro bump thread....or a NEW thread discussing the same thing....??

I opt for the necro bump....

You have to appreciate a necro-bumper (discgolfer48) who looks past a 'return disc' thread that's active to find another, older one. Maybe the discussion in that one wasn't as stimulating.

Hmmm, that gives me a thought. I'll pull a Skip Bayless and take the other side of an issue in this thread. You must return 100% of lost discs you come across, time, cost, or effort be damned. And if you demand as much as a thank you, a pox will be stricken on you and your family.

At least with the necro bump, we know that the poster is clearly aware that it won't solve anything. If he starts a new thread, we might have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Latest posts