• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Revo bag

AirMcNair

Double Eagle Member
Does anyone use a revo bag anymore? I have had mine since 2010 and looks almost brand new.

I've seen a few people that still do.

I think general consensus is just that ergonomics of an actual backpack are just better and make it easier to carry your stuff for longer periods of time.

still use the revo dual pack. Still the best bag I've ever used.

I have a Mini that use occasionally for quick rounds. I play with quite a few people that still use a Revo bag of some sort. Built like brick houses for sure.

I just picked up a new Dual Pack this winter. I needed something that could carry my photography equipment. I used to have a Lat E2 but sold it so that I could afford a cart. Unfortunately the cart does not fit my camera and gear unless I add-on additional compartments or strap another bag to it. When I had some money this winter, I was thinking either an E2 or E3, but when I saw the Dual Pack and that it was considerably less expensive, I went for it.

It is incredibly well-built. The only issues I am having with it is that the disc compartment is curved in such a way that the two discs on the ends do not come out nicely, and if you load the top compartment, it sags over the discs. The rest of the bag is great, so I live with struggling getting those two discs out, and I "fixed" the sagging by placing a plastic box inside the top compartment. I use this bag when I know I am going to be out for a while and or need my DSLR.

I still have mine from 2005 or so. Its a backup now. Still in great shape.

I'm still rocking my 10 year old Carolina. It's amazing how well these bags are constructed. I've been rough on mine, and the only noticeable areas of wear are the bottom where the internal frame side walls run, which a couple strips of black duct tape cured, and the faded fabric from leaving it in my truck bed for a couple years.

Other than the drink holders' 1" strap that lets water bottles slip thru, and not having smaller pockets in the side pockets (super petty gripe), I couldn't ask for a better bag. I've considered backpacks, but until one can prove itself superior enough to justify making the switch, I'm sticking with my Revo.

Nashville, you get to play 7 oaks much? I work right by there.

I actually saw a Dual Pack at 7 Oaks last week. I'll only play it during the week, and only before 4, and even then I can't avoid course congestion. Great course tho

I'm still rocking my 10 year old Carolina. It's amazing how well these bags are constructed. I've been rough on mine, and the only noticeable areas of wear are the bottom where the internal frame side walls run, which a couple strips of black duct tape cured, and the faded fabric from leaving it in my truck bed for a couple years.

Other than the drink holders' 1" strap that lets water bottles slip thru, and not having smaller pockets in the side pockets (super petty gripe), I couldn't ask for a better bag. I've considered backpacks, but until one can prove itself superior enough to justify making the switch, I'm sticking with my Revo.

I bought one off of LoPan a few years ago and he had added drink holder straps and sewed on pocket dividers for phone etc onto it. :cool:

I use it as my tourney bag and bbwrenn told me he thought it was cool that I still rocked it and Quad shocks, all retro and stuff. I felt old. :\

I don't use it much but it still looks great, the plastic frame hadn't broke yet either.

Yeah I actually saw his mods and did similar stuff to mine. I cut an organizer pocket out of an old bag, and sewed into one pocket. I also sewed a strip of fabric to each of the bottom of the drink holders perpendicular to the straps, but without a towel inside, water bottles still slip thru. I've just opted to stash water bottles in the smaller pockets in front of the drink holders.

Are there photos of the pocket mods? I'd love to see them.

I know the newer revo bags have fully insulated drink holders which is a nice and very needed upgrade. Gone are the days of the strap to keep your drink in place.

I still use my Mini bag and my Team bag with Quadshocks, but I am old. They are both about 14 years old and still going strong.

Sewing mod, double layered.. Some tough netting material. Now small bottles won't fall through. I can toss smaller items in there too. Not a big deal, as I usually use large bottles. But it's been holding up very well since Aug 09

belly028.jpg

belly027.jpg

belly026.jpg

If those pics don't load, it's post #5 in the Definitive Bag Mod thread. The rest of that thread is pretty worthless tho.

I use it as my tourney bag and bbwrenn told me he thought it was cool that I still rocked it and Quad shocks, all retro and stuff. I felt old. :\

Bwuhahaha. Just saw this post. :clap: We've been playing about the same amount of time Dave, so we've seen them come and go. When I started, the revo was almost a tournament status symbol. I guess the A-series grip and Octo's are the same now. (or Zuca carts)

I've actually been breaking out my revo recently when the full backpack just isn't necessary and the course isn't cart friendly. The more I'm willing to switch it up, the more I find myself reaching for the revo, so it must do something right!! Great bag. My frame broke years ago, but it stays in place and holds the discs just fine.

Latest posts