• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Reworking my drives #2

Autiger1291

Update:
I appreciate all the advice everyone. While practicing this weekend I tried to implement all of the great suggestions. I can already tell a big difference as far as distance. I am throwing as far as I was before already. And that is with no reach back from a stand still position. Anyway these videos are where I am right now. Sorry for the poor quality. Once again any suggestions would be appreciated. I am trying to decide if I should try to implement a reach back soon or continue with another week of the pec drill. Thanks for the help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEqHxj8LR4w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OctaKfuLH7U

Congrats on the improvements! I think you could add a lot of power because your motions are ok. When people say late acceleration it means explosive increase in effort. When generating enough power you're really yanking yourself around so fast that you'll fly much farther right with the hip twist and the arm flies behind you in the follow through. That'll likely lead to wrist rolls so try to increase acceleration incrementally and see at which power level the discs start to flip. It's good to realize the wind and how the added speed also can flip the disc. It may not be just your added power or breaking down of some part of your form.

looking better. It's hard to tell with the video and the short stroke, but it looks like you might be keeping the disc in all the way down to the wrist flick, which you should feel when you throw (and see). If that's so, then if you can do that repeatedly, then go for a reachback.

You can get over the disc more - get onto your plant leg more. Looks like you're getting your chest facing the target, so I'd say things are looking better! :)

try incorporating a reach back + full run up next time you go out and play and see what happens.

by now your drills should be burnt into your brain, and then take a video of you with a full run up and reach back.

don't think about what you have learned, just do what you regularly do.

Latest posts