• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rip my bag

anarak82

Birdie Member
Hi, this is the bag I've been using for over a year now, I've had some discs that have rotated in and out, but I'll post the core of my bag and then list some of the discs that I have used on occasion for different courses.

I throw between 325-360, depending on how well I'm actually playing. Can roll consistently past that if there's enough room.

Distance Drivers:
ESP Surge- 1 beat to very straight, 1 fresh.
X Avenger- Annys, turnovers, straight shots, rollers
Z Crush- Hyzers, Thumbers, side arms

Fairway Drivers:
Z XL- Annys, straight shots, shorter rollers. One of my favorite discs.
ESP Cyclones- Straight shots that are just out of reach of my mids. Holes under 300ft that I don't want to power a mid to reach.

Mids
Z Wasp- My most accurate disc. My most used mid off the tee. Hyzers shots that are easily snapped to straight.
ESP Meteor- Annys. Straight shots when mobility is limited. Used a lot for wooded holes. Not really my disc for a wide open midrange shot, but a good disc that is used when I need to go right and get fairway driver like distance without the speed that a fairway driver requires.

Putter
D Challenger- I carry two. Used for upshots under 200ft, off the tee under 250ft. I used to use my wasp for the majority of my upshots, but now I have a hard time not using my Challenger for most shots.

Disc that have been rotated in and out
Pro Katana- I keep putting it in and out of my bag. I find it's too inconsistent. I don't like the Champ Katana, and the Star is not really needed compared. I like the Pro Katana only for long annys and rollers. It's a great roller, but I can roll my X Avenger and ESP Surge more accurately.

ESP Nuke- I like this disc. The only problem is that is goes about the same distance as my ESP Surge, though on a good rip it gives me about 10-20% more distance. The wider rime makes it a little more inconsistent for me. It does distance hyzers better than any other disc in my bag, so sometimes I put it back in on holes that I need to go around 350+ on a hyzer hole. I'll probably not keep in my bag unless I'm getting my Surges farther.

ESP Predator- I like this disc, and I should always keep it in my bag. The only thing is, that once I got hooked on my Z Crushes, I find I can make my Crushes fly the same likes but a lot easier. Before it was the Z Avenger that took a lot of time away from my ESP Pred, but I replaced the Z Avenger with the ESP Crush, because they took the same roles (the rim on the crush is a lot friendlier to my hand, the avenger sometimes has too much of a sharp rim, and hurts to throw when it's really cold). Very accurate up to about 300-325. Where I am in Texas, my Z Crushes can still handle most of the wind we get here, to the point that wind isn't such a huge factor that I have to have a meathook in my bag just for headwind.

ESP Force- For when I don't want to care about form. I can put this disc about 325-350. I'm not throwing this for max D. Just mainly using a bunch of OAT and cranking it out to the right and then having it fade back, for what I call my "sloppy S distance" shot. I know it's too fast for me. I know how it flys for me. I can throw it ok, and it's strangly accurate for me. It's like a faster pred for me. I don't always carry it, but I do put it in on windy days or days when my form is bad. When my form is off, and I'm angry, I can chunk this thing more accurately than most of my distance drivers. Probably won't take a permanant spot in my bag unless I start throwing a lot farther.

Z Buzzz- I want to like this disc, but I keep finding myself using my Challenger, Z Wasp, and ESP Meteor for the bulk of my upshots, that there rarely are holes when I feel like I need it. If nothing else, I feel that adding it is overlap because of my other mids, and my Z XL and ESP Cyclones. It's a great disc, but seldom used in my bag. Sorry Buzzz.

Avenger SS- I use this disc in the woods for straight shots that I need to power down, or for some rollers. I don't really love it for either, but it's a fun disc sometimes, and it gets a spot when I go to wooded courses.

Champ Teebird- I want to like this discs, but my Z XL, ESP Cyclone, and X Avenger cover most of the shots that I would use this disc for. I'm sure I'll get plenty of "put the teebird in, drop the discraft crap", but I'm way more familiar with those 3 discs, and use them for shots the teebird doesn't do for me as much. I was hoping that it would take the role of a few of my discs in my bag, but I don't see it happening.

Rogue- I love this disc too. But it's too much of a blend between my X Avenger and my ESP Surge, especially my beat ESP Surge. I use this disc for rollers, max D wide open drives. it's a really fun disc to throw, I hate not having it in my bag, but my surge and x avenger do about the same thing, and the rogue is just not as versitale as the surge or the x avenger.

I've probably typed too much..... Thanks for any opinions or suggestions.

whoo boy. sounds like you've got a good idea of what you're doing with your bag.

i'd recommend you keep the force out, unless you're in a tourney or playing for something (money, beer, burgers, pride) and you're not throwing very well.

other than that my only other recommendation is that it seems that your xl and your cyclone have a bit of overlap, both used for slightly longer straight shots.

Latest posts