• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

robbed of an ace

Once had three metal hits on one day (and no, it wasn't an Ace Race) at three different courses. Didn't feel that I was robbed on any of them - aces have a luck factor and I felt like I was lucky that I hit so many.

Also what is aggravating is a missed blind ace... you just don't know what happened. However when it sticks that is just too sweet.

Yup!

Every time the baskets move. The first day or so of every month we have a guy who moves the baskets to a second pin position. I throw to where it was last month expecting the ching and realize I threw to the wrong location........happens every month......Disc lands 8-10ft past the empty stub....

Robbed of an ace only in concept. Was in LA in Feb and played Oak Grove after the Wintertime Open had finished. A buddy of mine and I played through a group on hole 13, downhill and 300ish. Popped an Aviar out on a hyzer and had it fade into the basket. Took a second to realize it as it was low enough to not hit the chains. Got some high fives from the group but once we made it near the basket I realized that the disc had wedged itself in the cage but not inside the basket.

Attachments

• IMG_2159.jpg
    IMG_2159.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 30
I hit one on an old rusty mach 2 that only had 4 or so chains on the left side and basket was bent top and bottom. Came in right side smashed through the chains got the lightest whisper of a hang up from a single chain on the left then slipped over the edge of the cage and out. I count it depending on my mood so my ace count goes between 5-6.

Tee shots hitting parts of the basket and failing to go in, chains included, happens to me multiple times a year, and better disc golfers probably monthly. This is part of disc golf; keep playing - the better you get, the more often this will happen because you'll start getting more familiar with the lines at your local course, but the aces will start dropping in eventually, and it's a pretty cool feeling when it does. I went 8 years between two of my five lifetime aces, but it wasn't for lack of accuracy - I was still hitting the basket & even chains at roughly the same clip I always had been.

Post a pic in the ace thread when it happens though!

I know what you mean. I hit metal or even chains fairly regularly. It was just that this one was dead center mid height on the chains.

The other challenge is that my home course only has two holes that you can even think about ace running, and even those may be smarter to lay up for the birdie.

I hit one on an old rusty mach 2 that only had 4 or so chains on the left side and basket was bent top and bottom. Came in right side smashed through the chains got the lightest whisper of a hang up from a single chain on the left then slipped over the edge of the cage and out. I count it depending on my mood so my ace count goes between 5-6.

Indian Riffle?