• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc max distance??

yeah i saw this Norwegian dude hyzer flip one nearly 450 and that was slight uphill. I told him where the basket was and when he pulled out a roc i was like no it is way up there...he threw his disc well long...Jaw dropping distance. dude threw 600 easy with drivers. still never seen someone throw like that.

i think i could throw a roc maybe 350 on a distance line but control is another thing.

PErsonaly I dont use Rocs. I get my BUzzz to 330, but I think the Buzzz flies slightly further than a Roc, or so I heared.

Anyway, on topic, as many have said before me allreay, I think the max comes at 450 to 500 feet. For people who can actualy throw far, not for people like me :D

In a field with no wind and no obstacles, 400 maybe a tad more with A tail wind is doable, good snap/form and height are all you need. Golf lines though i rarely throw it on holes that are 350 or more trying to get into putting distance. I usually club up and power down lately. Though there are instances where the line dictates a midrange being the best disc for the job. If thats the case im pretty confident when i reach for mine.

I have seen guys throw putters 400 and rocs out to nearly 500. For me personally, no more than 340 with a roc or buzzz and that would not be consistent distance, just a few random times.

Yeah for sure^^ i was more talking about me and my limitations and experiences. I know a few kids who can throw a buzz/roc 450 or more. Only a couple of them are any good at the rest of the game. Fun to watch, doesnt translate into any important skill though so ive never cared much to try

Best distance on flat ground no wind probably 290. Very usable for me on golf lines out to about 230 though. As each day goes by i get more and more accurate with that disc. Right now I am quite particular about a 176 dx rancho that I found.

What about Crazy John Brooks hitting metal with one on the dam shot at the Columbus Open (now the Hambrick)? I believe that's a 600' downhill. He missed his putt as well.

The throw starts at 3:50.

Is that the best metal hit caught on,camera?

Latest posts