• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc rounds?

gang1027

ive recently started using a dx roc that ive had for proabably years. im using it because so many pros use them i figured i should at least learn to throw it. now ive heard throwing round with just a roc could immensely help you entire game, looking for insight on how and why this may occur and how i could most benefit from practicing with the roc

and also any info on differences between the roc and classic roc

The second question is easy.
The Classic Roc has a smaller diameter, I believe, and is completely different. The Classic Roc is used more as a putter and approach disc, although it can be used as a mid-range, it will not have the distance or stability of a Roc.
A lot of posters here believe in a minimalist approach. That is to carry fewer discs or molds and learn how to shape your throws based on the discs that you use.
The Roc is a good disc to use for a variety of shots and using it as your only disc will increase your ability to shape throws based on the disc that you have.

it will only help your game out..I do that often times with my Buzzz. When I'm having a bad day/week or something, I'll just go to the course with just my Buzzz and go from there. It fixes my release errors and shows me WHY I'm having a bad day/week. So yeah do that, and sorry I don't know anything about different rocs

Can't get myself to play with just one disc but do play with three sometimes. Star TL, Star Mako, and R-Pro Dart.

It forces you to throw clean (no OAT), find lines you may not have considered and really shows you what you can do with a mid.

I would add a putter to that round. I use a putter to drive with when there are holes that either need a very straight shot with no fade, or are short and too easily reached with the mid. I think the putter may even be less forgiving of form flaws than the mid if you are looking to improve.

I would add a putter to that round. I use a putter to drive with when there are holes that either need a very straight shot with no fade, or are short and too easily reached with the mid. I think the putter may even be less forgiving of form flaws than the mid if you are looking to improve.

I add a putter to my buzzz rounds. Buzzz + Wizard.

Roc's come off the shelf rather overstable. Once you get them beat in a little they fly nice and straight.....and/or hold the hyzer or anhyzer line you release it with.

I use a beat-in Roc all the time for a 2 disc round (still keep a putter on hand so as not to mess with my putting). It really does help with form and forces your to get dialed in with the lines you are choosing - if you keep switching discs it is hard to know if it is your form/footwork that is to blame for inconsistency or it is the disc/grip that is to blame. It will help you a ton with your approach game (<220-ish).

I've recently played a bunch of rounds carrying only my Buzzz and a Soft Banger GT and as a result I feel my control has never been better and my scores have dropped a bit on average. While I sometimes could use the distance available with the faster, sexier drivers, my technique and form doesn't let me take full advantage of what they have to offer. Eventually, when I'm more confident and comfortable with my form, I'll start reintroducing faster drivers back into my game. I think I've actually wasted a couple of years of progress trying to throw discs that were beyond my capabilities. Enjoy your Roc rounds and appreciate the increased control you'll get, but I would also bring a putter along with when you play since thats a separate part of the game, well, I consider it separate from the rest of my game.

Rounds with 1 midrange and 1 putter are good times.
I recommend it to everyone...
Beware, you may discover that you're just throwing drivers for show (or because of headwinds...or because you need to skip the disc...or....)

I recently discovered that I love going out with just the Roc and the Aviar. My score is as bad or a little better than my normal rounds. I don't stress as much either.

You haven't lived until you've played a round with just an Ion. Trust me.

Latest posts