• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Roc vs. Buzzz in NE Ohio!

SmoothSailor

* Ace Member *
So I have been talking with Kmrynders about his Roc vs. Buzzz tournament and have decided to start one here in my area.

TEAM ROC OR TEAM BUZZ? WHICH WILL YOU BE?
-Two Rounds of tournament play at Young's Run, Warren OH
-ONLY ROCS OR BUZZES when driving (one putter allowed)
-Free Tournament Disc for all competetors
-Team Shirts Availible for purchase!
Check in: 9-9:45am Player's Meeting 10:00am Tee off 10:30
Rec: $30 *** Int: $35 *** Adv: $40

There will also be a Longest Drive contest and a CTP contest for additional prizes. As well as several raffles and a free lunch provided by Station Square Ristorante of Liberty OH.

Awesome, I thought that sounded fun too. I've never played those courses but that'll be a good excuse to get out there. What's the date?

Also is driving with a putter going to be against the rules?

Driving with a putter would defeat the purpose of the Roc vs. Buzzz, but I will hammer out those kinds of details between now and the time of the tourney. The date will be October 3rd.

You could just make it so they could only throw a roc, or a buzzz. Then you'd see what was better for driving with, and putting. It would take the putter variable out of the equation.

Or every shot from the teepad has to be with a Roc or Buzz. Or anything you're not throwing from a putting stance.

Last edited:
Yeah every shot from the tee pad HAS TO BE with a Roc or Buzzz. Anything within the 30ft mark can be a putter, but everything outside of the 30ft radius has to be Roc or Buzzz

Damn, I jump putt from 120', that would make me think twice about playing =/

Well, I'm only 3 days into planning this. I'll amend that to you can putt from wherever, but only use the Roc or Buzz from the tee pad. I don't want you to not come :)

Disc racist!!!!

The Core would crush them both.

It's not my brainchild to change around. Or else I'd have a few more discs in there, but I like the head-to-head challenge of the two companies each with what I and most would consider their signature mids.

What plastics should I get?

I am going to be ordering the plastics for this in a couple of weeks. I want to know what people would like to see in the way of different plastics for this tournament. The choices are:
Roc:
DX
Pro
Champion
Star

Buzzz:
Elite Z
Elite X
Pro D
ESP
Chryztal Elite Z

Also what kind of each disc would you like to see? Like a San Marino over an Ontario? This will help me when getting things situated.

I'll be making flyers in the next week or so as well and I'll be posting them at every course I go to to get as many people as I can out there. I'm hoping to max the course out at 96 people! So far I've received nothing but positive feedback from my local league and most of them will be able to make it which already puts the count to 20+/-.

I definitely will do that. I'll PM you when I have the flyers made up and ready to print out. And if you or anyone you know wants to bring discs to sell/trade that's cool too. I hope to have all of the tables up front in the main area to be filled with people vending all kinds of different discs and accessories to make this a really sweet event.

this sounds sweet. I'd come out for it as well. Also don't let Mike C make you feel weird about you're rules. The guy could get a 850 rated putter round. Toss in a Buzzz or Stalker and you've got a potential 900. He is Wizard obsessed.

When ordering discs I almost think you should have a full selection of Rocs and Buzz to buy (a vendor should look into this?). However I understand with Rocs there should be specified Rancho, Ontario, San Marino. I am a big fan of the Rancho myself and I think that most people are. They just beat in the best and become the most versatile.

Also don't for get about the Glow Buzz and Glow Roc.

AND DON"T FORGET KC ROCS!!! they are my fav.

When it comes to the tourny disc I think you should get (I'm a designer I might have time to make this up for you) a stamp that has the Roc graphic and Buzz graphic going head to head. That would be awesome to have printed on a Roc, Buzz, and TShirt. Should everyone playing get one of each disc? Anyway Z Buzz's are pretty cool and I suggest either DX or KC Rancho Rocs. KC probably to last longer (who does DX in players packs?). If you try champ rocs there are people that would pay big bucks for your leftovers (Champ Roc lovers :rolleyes:.. silly boys).

I just bought a Team Buzz Disc and Shirt but if you had left overs and did the stamp like the roc vs the buzzz that would be something I would be interested in too seeing as going to Ohio is most likely to far for me.

Good work Sailor, I got a buzz and shirt from Kmrynders as well and was loving the idea. was thinking of putting one together myself but Warren is plenty close enough to make it to. My vote is a Z buzzz. I also like the idea of the stamp/shirt containing both the roc and buzzz logo head to head. I am a Buzz man but that logo Kmrynders had for the roc was awesome. Almost thought of buying the shirt against my disc loyalty ;). Either way props for putting this on. I plan on being there!

Innova will not let anyone put a wasp/bee stamp on a roc. I tried this. If you want to run a roc vs buzz contact me. Smoothsalior and I are cooperating to make his event great!

Latest posts