• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Roc vs Buzzz

I have been thinking about getting a Roc because it seems to be THE golf disc and the only one I ever had was an old DX that my friend recently lost at the Pickerington course. I got a Buzzz at the beginning of this year and I love it, but I want to get a Roc and do the Pepsi challenge.

That being said, which of the quadrillions of variations of the Roc should I get? My mids right now are 176g Z Buzzz, 177+ FLX Drone, and I just got a 175g TP Tursas. I am thinking of something between the Buzzz and Drone stability-wise.

Champion or Star plastic? Maybe even Echo?

IMHO, premium plastic rocs are not "real" rocs. DX or KC. That's it. Nothing wrong with premium plastic discs, or even rocs, but they don't give the life cycle experience of a KC or DX, which is where the magic is.

That said, ROC3 is a good disc, and should be the real comparator to the Buzzz. Still not the same, but much closer than regular rocs, of any type.

55_1218162973.png

IMHO, premium plastic rocs are not "real" rocs. DX or KC. That's it. Nothing wrong with premium plastic discs, or even rocs, but they don't give the life cycle experience of a KC or DX, which is where the magic is.

That said, ROC3 is a good disc, and should be the real comparator to the Buzzz. Still not the same, but much closer than regular rocs, of any type.

:thmbup:

Both are great discs! I do agree with the baseline Roc vote though... KC Rocs are great, and so are normal DX Rocs. And they fly great at all stages!

Right. I just tend to go for premium plastics because there are a lot of trees in the courses I play so a softer disc would get chunked quite a bit. In fact, I had a DX Hawk I was using pretty solidly for a while but I winged it against a tree and it bent the disc. It'll still fly but it's wonky. I just don't want to warp a brand new, hopeful disc.

I'm a Roc'er so I do suggest it, but the Innova Shark is the happy middle between Buzzz and a Roc. Straighter like a buzzz but reliable fade at the end. Plus they can be picked up almost anywhere for cheap and they cycle well.

I like em both. I started with Rocs, love the flight, love the baseline plastic. You can learn to throw any line with Rocs. That's where I started and I spent about 2 years with them. They can be thrown slow and glidey, like a putter. They are also great for upshots.

Then I tried a Buzzz and hit my first ace within a week. I don't have as much experience with Buzzzes, but that is what I throw now.

Buzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do it! Buzzz can do any line you put it on with ease.. I'm not a fan of the Roc or Axis though.. Buzzz is fantastic.

A new roc and a new buzzz fly different lines. You can afford to have both in the bag, it doesn't have to be one or the other.

Axis = Most overr....wait...what??

They're all great discs...Roc, Buzzz, Axis, Mako, Roc3, Vector...and probably any other disc mentioned in this thread.

Latest posts