• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] ROC vs ROC3

Which do you prefer?

• Rancho Roc!

Votes: 134 37.5%
  • Roc3!

Votes: 116 32.5%
  • Rocs suck!

Votes: 19 5.3%
  • Show me the results!

Votes: 88 24.6%

• Total voters
so like r pro plastic kinda?
not sure I've felt rubbery dx.

Too lazy to find the roc thread

Are KC Rocs plus molds sometimes?

You are going to get a bunch of opinions on this subject, and that is all they will be. I'm going to tell you what Dave Dunipace has said about it. The true plus mold discs (Roc+, TL+) are a tweaked mold. What everyone refers to as a plus mold can happen to any mold. During the cooling process after the molding sometimes a disc will get a more severe slant in the rim than others.

thanks

that sounds pretty reasonable

One more question whie I have you here. Flat or domey for a kc roc.

I prefer a mild dome personally. Also, for what it's worth, I have noticed that the flatter the roc is, the more slant the rim has. Could be coincidence, but that has been my experience.

thanks

that sounds pretty reasonable

One more question whie I have you here. Flat or domey for a kc roc.

I prefer domey. Domey seem to be more over stable and flat tops seem to fly straighter.

I was big on the roc3 for a while. Then moved on to the Truth. Today I went old school with the KC Pro Rocs and I'll never go back. I never should have left in the first place. Disc is money.

Holy cow I love the roc. I used to think that it was stupid how everyone loves the roc, but now I completely understand. The more I throw them, the more I love them.

I was big on the roc3 for a while. Then moved on to the Truth. Today I went old school with the KC Pro Rocs and I'll never go back. I never should have left in the first place. Disc is money.

^^^THIS! Add a buzzz in there somewhere and that's me too!

There's a guy in my club who throws Rocs religiously. Drives with them, putts with them, and uses them for the purpose they were created, too. And he's got at least 50 of them in all conditions, but they're either KC-Pro, R-Pro, or DX. He doesn't play that Star $hit.

Being new to the game and addicted to plastic I didn't see the point in throwing the same disc all the time. Different discs do different things, so da mo-mo, da mo-betta. That's what I thought until I bought a KC-Pro Roc. You know....just to say I bagged one.

Then ish got real.

Started throwing the Roc more and more. F the Mako. F the Buzzz. F the Kite. F the Comet. Kept going to the Roc. It's a soldier. And now I have three of them (two DX and one KC-Pro) and am fin to buy more (I need a R-Pro, too).

Now I understand why this disc has been around almost 30 years.

Viva la Roc!

Why not the R-Pro? Does the grippy-ness of the plastic compromise the integrity of the flight?

Just curious....haven't thrown one. My OCD just wants them all now.

i actually have thrown the roc3 and a classic roc and a star roc san marino plastic. i actually just took all of them out of the bag. i know throw the latitude 64 fuse. much better disc than the 3 that i listed. it will hyzer when you flip it. it will fly straight and it will anhyzer when you flip it. does everything.

R-pro rocs are the plus mold. You can try one but they aren't the same.

i bought a Roc3 last summer. I am still messing with it but it rarely makes it out during a round. I carry a 167 Rancho Roc and two Ontario Rocs (150g, 167g). I love my Ontarios. I can carve some sick lines, left to right and back again, and sweet stable lines. I know the Ontario is regarded as the most hated of the Roc line but for me, nothin beats the predictability of it. Roc3, for me at least, bangs to hard to the left for my liking. On windy days, it's a confident disc to throw, but if i have some carving to do, Ontario is the first one i reach for...time and time again. :p