• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] ROC vs ROC3

Which do you prefer?

• Rancho Roc!

Votes: 134 37.5%
  • Roc3!

Votes: 116 32.5%
  • Rocs suck!

Votes: 19 5.3%
  • Show me the results!

Votes: 88 24.6%

• Total voters
I like the Roc3, I carry a 180 Roc+ too but use it more for long approaches since if I put too much power on it it's going to flip.

The Roc3 can take a but more juice and stay straight for tee shots and longer Mids that need to finish left.

I started throwing a couple Champ San Marinos. Really loving the straight flight so far. Less fade then a Rancho or Roc3. Like a beat in DX Rancho. Really stoked on these.

I started throwing a couple Champ San Marinos. Really loving the straight flight so far. Less fade then a Rancho or Roc3. Like a beat in DX Rancho. Really stoked on these.
I have a Star San Marino Roc that I like quite a bit as well. I think it flies too similarly to my Roc3 to keep both in the bag, but they're both fun to throw and fly very well. I might break out the San Marino sometime soon just to give it some air time but I generally end up throwing it for the dog :)

I do love me some Star plastic, though.

DX Rancho Roc for me. Better glide and they get to the sweet spot much faster. I rearly don't care for the wide diameter of the Roc3s. It's still a good overstable mid but I prefer a new Z Buzzz to a Roc3.

This pretty much. I'd throw buzzz's over Roc3's. I throw an assortment of rancho's now and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

RRRANCHO!!!

I snagged both a dx roc and a roc3. I love them both and personally think they complement each other wonderfully. They both crush better than ghosts, that much I know. Roc is definitely more a line shaper, roc3 is the line holder.

Is that like the difference between a disc that can S-curve and a disc that just stays on an anhyzer or hyzer?

Because I can s-curve my champ roc3 quite nicely. And I can hyzerflip my McPro roc3. Both are shaped lines, aren't they?

I got my first DX Roc about a year ago and hated the DX plastic. I only got it because everyone raved about them and I thought it'd be a cheap disc to replace so I'd throw it on water holes. I kept throwing it and after the plastic got a little wear, it was butter. Felt great.

I'd gotten it at 169 and it soon turned way too flippy and one day it flipped up and turned and kept turning right into the middle of a small lake. No more Roc.

I moved on but remember that Roc fondly.

For Father's day I got some gift cards to Academy sports and today I picked up a sweet 180 ice blue Champion Roc3. This thing is sooooo nice. Holds the line and I was a little shocked at how much glide it had but still easy to control. Can't wait to get out on the course with it.

So, now that I'm entering a trying Rocs phase what should I get to pair with my new Roc3?

Was just discovering the roc when this thread started. I now love my 180 kc pro roc. Beat straight and workable.......I did grab a few roc3 in various plastics and weights. They are just a tad too stable/over stable for me. I have a 180 star, 180 dx and 168 champ. The dx is surprisingly beefy for me? I like my kc 180 rocs. Freshy holds long hyzer lines, or can be thrown hard to straighten it out with nicehyzer Finnish. More worn kc 180 is getting easier to hold straight and Finnish straight yet not flippy. Similar to a comet right now. Can push the rocks past 300 on down hill shots without turning them over and they get parked for a lot of birds on holes under 300. My second ace was with with my beat roc on my birthday this spring:D

a heavier dx roc again
i like 175-177

100% agree.
I also have a DX Roc and it is perfectly worn it. I only use it for shots up to 280. Has subtle fade but nothing like a heavy champ Roc3. Personally I am not a fan of it as much as a worn in DX Roc. I know this is a roc forum but I also throw the MVP axis. For me its s farther worn in DX roc. I have tried the gstar Roc3 but it doesn't fly like the numbers say. And the champ is more overstable than I like it to be and I have something that is overstable but will go straigher. MVP Tensor. But a DX Roc is an amazing disc, considering on purchasing another.

Latest posts