• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roc3 and Shark3 overlap?

Ok so I just looked on innova's site. Roc3 5 4 0 3. Shark3 5 4 0 2. How is it that the shark3 numbers say that it should be less overstable than a roc3 yet everyone here says it is the opposite? I am just curious, because this is seriously the first time I have heard this.

The new Destroyers say -1,3 when in reality theyre +1 , 5... Flights numbers are often times wrong

The new Destroyers say -1,3 when in reality theyre +1 , 5... Flights numbers are often times wrong
Flught numbers given by companies are just very basic guidlines to give the customer a general idea of how a mold should fly. They are by no means perfectly accurate & should be taken with a grain of salt. Some are just dead wrong like the Shark3 compated to the Roc3s flight numbers.A discs weight, PLH, dome, plastic type & how beat up it is have the largest impact on a discs flight not flight numbers. The best way to figure out a discs is to just throw it, assuming you can get the disc up to speed. Your Destroyer comment is a pretty clear indication your not getting your Destros up to speed. I cycle Star Destroyers & currently have six in my bag. I can tell you from experience that Destroyers are not as overstable as you said they are. I have they newest run max weight Destroyer, a new max weight bottom stamped Star & neither is even close to that (Stilletto) ovetstable. I have thrown & currently throw Star D, SDS & Star DS Destros & none of them have started that overstable. I dont like using flight numbers but the most overstanle Destro I've thrown would be 0 turn & 4 fade but most Destros I've throw have turn. Innova even rated the Destroyer 0 4 for awhile. Not trying to put you down or call you out, just trying to imform you.

There is no overlap between a drone and shark3. There may be some overlap between the roc and shark depending on the ones you get. The roc3 will compete with your 12x kc and the shark3 will be just a little more overstable than that. A shark3 is very close to a wasp in stability and a roc3 is between a buzzz and wasp. I throw both my buzzz, wasp, and zone often and wouldn't want to nix any of them. This is very similar to your setup but my buzzz will be more like a beat up roc3.

I guess I must have thrown a mutant Shark3 this weekend. It was a 172, but I doubt that had much effect. Needless to say on a flat release with decent power, I saw smooth, gentle turn but with a fade stronger than a Roc3. My Roc3s don't turn at all at the same power, but the fade is smaller.

Latest posts