• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roc3x midrange

IF the PDGA rim width and diameter measurements are accurate (never assured)...
Agreed.
I hesitated to list the Rim Depth measurements because they were only 0.1 apart. My faith in their ability to measure has been shaken to the point that I ignore differences of 1mm. I generally take note when there's a difference of 2mm or more.

bhadella said:
Shut up and take my money
Exactly!

I wonder if this is the beefy mid DD mentioned in his AMA (when he called the guy to ask about it) that they retooled.

Agreed.
I hesitated to list the Rim Depth measurements because they were only 0.1 apart. My faith in their ability to measure has been shaken to the point that I ignore differences of 1mm. I generally take note when there's a difference of 2mm or more.

Yeah there are so many years between the Roc and this that it's hard to take the numbers seriously (different people, different tools, possibly different measurement technique). Then add in possible plastic blend differences and there's really no comparison. However, I think the comparison between this and the VRoc approval, which was much more recent and also likely a premium plastic blend, is much more apt (and the specs are a lot closer).

Isn't the Commander a VTech mold? I know there's the Gargoyle floating around too. Not sure about either of them.

I threw Patriots for a while, but I wound up gravitating towards the QJLS instead. They've all but consumed my driver slots.

How do they fly compared to a Patriot? I throw seasoned Icon or Legend for dead straight shots (at 300') or Excel for flipppppyyyy.

I am absolutely in love with my truths... But if they made this reliably OS and it still feels like a Roc3, I might go back.

I've never seen those words used in a sentence like that before. You...hate?...the feel of.....Leopards?? Madness!

I guess I'm an oddball. I fully respect Leopards for the wonderful flyers they are, but that wing crease (Shark has it too) just never sat right in my hands. Could I have gotten over it? Sure. Glad I didn't have to, though.

How do they fly compared to a Patriot? I throw seasoned Icon or Legend for dead straight shots (at 300') or Excel for flipppppyyyy.

They have a lot more HSS and are slower and glidier. They hold their stability for a long time but are still quite predictable once they do finally start showing turn. I honestly can't say enough good about them. A lot of my problems with "Innova clones" like the Patriot is that companies always seem to go faster. I prefer glide to speed. The QJLS has a lot of glide. I jokingly call it a Polecat driver because it's damn similar in terms of characteristics.

The mold piece combination that is floated around is that it's a TeeBird top with a Whippet bottom. I'm not saying I mold the discs, but it's amazing that such an overstable mold like the Whippet can produce such a wonderfully reliable straight disc.

I guess I'm an oddball. I fully respect Leopards for the wonderful flyers they are, but that wing crease (Shark has it too) just never sat right in my hands. Could I have gotten over it? Sure. Glad I didn't have to, though.

They have a lot more HSS and are slower and glidier. They hold their stability for a long time but are still quite predictable once they do finally start showing turn. I honestly can't say enough good about them. A lot of my problems with "Innova clones" like the Patriot is that companies always seem to go faster. I prefer glide to speed. The QJLS has a lot of glide. I jokingly call it a Polecat driver because it's damn similar in terms of characteristics.

The mold piece combination that is floated around is that it's a TeeBird top with a Whippet bottom. I'm not saying I mold the discs, but it's amazing that such an overstable mold like the Whippet can produce such a wonderfully reliable straight disc.

This is so true, I've never use the leopard or shark for more than a round or two because of that darn crease.

Latest posts