• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Roc3x midrange

Yeah, I have no clue what they are talking about.

Use both eyes.

32eb5833-3b56-4669-a795-0f419c099618Innova%20Profile%20-%20Leopard%20DX.jpg

Guess that's just not enough to bother me, or even enough to make me notice it. I've always thought of Leos as one of the most comfortable molds.

I didn't mean to turn this conversation into a pissing contest about the Leopard. There is a very visible crease in the lower part of the Leopard's wing where most other molds gradually curve. The Shark has one too. Take a look at a new one the next time you have a chance. It's not comfortable in my hand. I'm sorry that's so hard to understand.

The good thing is that I love throwing the QJLS, and it isn't a huge deal (well, it shouldn't be) that the Leopard isn't for me. I've watched several people crush them for solid distance, and I respect that it is a great mold. I'm not trying to insult the Leopard for those of you that love them. Roggenb, I guess you can now say that I'm not the only person you've read/seen/heard who finds the feel of the mold to be uncomfortable.

Can we get back to the Roc3X? It's kind of funny that Innova's adopted Discmania's "X" naming convention. Yes, you could argue (which I'm sure people will) that the X and L molds predate Discmania, but most of the X molds omit that letter, and the ones that don't (Aviar-X) use a hyphen.

Still not getting the crease thing. Are you guys sure crease is the right word? I have no history with Sharks, but there's nothing unusual at all about my Leopards. Heck, they are almost a miniature Valk wing.

Can we get back to the Roc3X? It's kind of funny that Innova's adopted Discmania's "X" naming convention. Yes, you could argue (which I'm sure people will) that the X and L molds predate Discmania, but most of the X molds omit that letter, and the ones that don't (Aviar-X) use a hyphen.

Yeah Innova has mostly stopped using those terms, at least for newer molds. I've heard anecdotally that they stopped because it confused newer or less serious players, but I don't know that for sure. The approval name doesn't always exactly match the release name of a disc though. Possibly they won't actually call it the Roc3x (although it might be marked that way), and just wanted to get the approval out of the way early. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The good thing is that I love throwing the QJLS, and it isn't a huge deal (well, it shouldn't be) that the Leopard isn't for me. I've watched several people crush them for solid distance, and I respect that it is a great mold. I'm not trying to insult the Leopard for those of you that love them. Roggenb, I guess you can now say that I'm not the only person you've read/seen/heard who finds the feel of the mold to be uncomfortable.

My first post was just sarcasm (clearly), and then I was genuinely curious what this "crease" was, since I've never noticed it.

Now, back to the VRoc3X discussions.

It's kind of funny that Innova's adopted Discmania's "X" naming convention. Yes, you could argue (which I'm sure people will) that the X and L molds predate Discmania, but most of the X molds omit that letter, and the ones that don't (Aviar-X) use a hyphen.

The "X" naming convention definitely predates Discmania, no argument there. However, I do have to give DM credit for making it more recognized in the mainstream. It probably doesn't hurt that their mold names are alphanumeric strings a few characters long; adding an "X" on the end makes a noticeable difference. Discmania is also very consistent with indicating when the X variant is used--that's definitely not the case for Innova.

However, back to the topic at hand:
I can think of a few people who would be eager to try a more OS Roc3, especially in champ.

Commander is a fast midrange that is really overstable. Not Vtech.

Gargoyle is a beaded Leopard without any glide.

I think I remember someone on here saying the Gargoyle was the Gremlin coming back home to Innova since DM dropped it recently. It was the last post on a thread I started (Gremlin OOP again). Not sure if he was correct or not.

the commanders most certainly V tech. I was really disappointed. it has the profile of a Vcobra with a huge dome and it is not all that overstable

I managed to get a couple. Curious to see how they fly. I'll likely field test only as I feel my midst are complete but doesn't hurt to try new stuff

Latest posts