• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rockford, Il to Cincinnati, Oh, Vacation Trip Possible on to Louisville, Ky

:thmbup: sounds good! will just be me, wife has a Sweet Adelines practice session at 6. I'll get there about 5:15 and I'll pm you my number just in case if your a little late I'll just warm up for awhile. That way I only shank it a little instead of a lot :D

Wed all day is good with me, I would think/hope noon would be good. The earlier you play Lincoln Ridge the better, it gets played a lot.

Sounds good, Since my wife and I are newer and not big distance throwers, I am all for playing at a slower time! Hopefully InnocentCrook can make it at noon also.

Last edited:
final ? haha

Indianapolis, In 4/16
Avon Town with Jcrab66 his homecourse traveltag! 515 pm

Cincinnati, Oh
Winton Woods 4/17
Woodland Mound 4/17

Cincinnati, Oh
Embshoff 4/18 Morning
Lincoln Ridge 4/18 Noon with Jay Dub

Louisville, Ky
Iroquois Park 4/19
Seviren Lang DGC 4/10

Brandenburg, Ky
Otter Creek 4/20 Morning

Idlewild and Mt Airy if I can get them in.

Last edited:
Embshoff 4/18 Morning
I'm going to answer a question I'm pretty sure you will have about Embshoff. :)

The baskets are only 1 foot off the ground because they use the hills for sledding. During the winter they stuff bails of hay under the baskets as bumpers for the sleds.

Oh thats funny about them being 1 foot off the ground. I had read/told that would be an interesting short course to play. Now I can see why.

Won't be able to make it Wednesday, I'll be stuck in my cubicle.

Enjoy your time here in Cincy.

:( Darn was hoping to get a chance to meet you. I always enjoy meeting and shooting a round with people here. Today I got to meet Jcrab66 and swap Travel Tags with him. He plays on a very nice little course and was very patient with me being such a noobie :clap: Lucky for us the wind died down to practically nothing and it turned out to be a very decent evening!

what time are you planning on throwing Winton? if it's early evening, 6ish, i might be able to meet you. you certainly won't need a guide, but it's 5 minutes from work, and i often get a round in on my "lunch" break.

Thanks!

Played 9 at Mt Airy before we had to meet Jay Dub at Lincoln Ridge. What a course. Mt Airy is very beautiful and very challenging! :thmbup: Lincoln Ridge was also a beautiful course which wore me out by the time I finished 24 Holes and going up and down the hills. Maybe If I hadn't stopped at Mr Airy first :D Jay Dub was a great guide and recommended us to a wonderful restaurant afterwards called Montgomery inn. :clap: Finally we wrapped up the day at Woodland Mound. Baskets were a little close for our comfort, especially with the number of people on it. :\

suggestion, after you play up in marion i assume you're gonna jump on i-69 to i-465? if you do, try playing some courses in my home city of Carmel, yes they aren't older courses, but heck, they're fun and i think you'd enjoy them. Either Dr. James A. Dillon Park or The Hill @ Northview Church. Have fun on your journey!

The Hill was a nice course, Played that earlier this year! I really liked how they integrated the multi use parts and mowed to create the running paths and the 30' circles. Havent gotten around to doing Dr. James A Dillon Park yet. If I am in that area again I will contact you and let you know! I liked the art people sculptures in Carmel and we ate at Bub's Burgers & Ice Cream! But I admit I didn't try the Big Ugly.

Latest posts