• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rolling Cooler into DG Cart

Countchunkula

Base Plastic Don't Come Free
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I just "made" a cooler cart for my bag. It took about 30 seconds to put together using stuff that I already had (other than the zip ties). I don't plan on using this often, but I can see it coming in handy for tourneys or really long days. I'm gonna have to take it out and see how well it balances on uneven ground. It should be good as long as the cooler is all loaded up.:D

coolercart1.jpg

coolercart2.jpg

coolercart3.jpg

Parts List:

Lightning Large Bag
Rolling Cooler
Zip Ties
Key rings (the kind that has a hinge)

Looks tipsy. Good luck on the side-hills.

Yeah, I think I will have to keep the terrain in mind when thinking about bringing this out. It is very stable on flat surfaces but I don't think it would stay upright on hillsides either. I'll try to test it out this weekend. The cooler was good sized legs/feet so maybe it will be alright.

I have done it at some longer courses with Plastic coolers that can double as seats. about halfway through we would stop eat a sandwich and have a drink and finish the round. it does work if you find one with large enough wheels

:Dhey my buddy has a cooler thats an electric scooter.... thats what i need to get in on:D

I have done it at some longer courses with Plastic coolers that can double as seats. about halfway through we would stop eat a sandwich and have a drink and finish the round. it does work if you find one with large enough wheels

When I lived in florida we had big cooler we would take to the beach. We'd added a frame underneath and used wheelbarrow tires. It worked for deep sand.

I guess my point is that you could always modify the cooler if it didn't have appropriately sized wheels.

Good luck with those tiny wheels. Seems anything other than paved or carpet would be a real chore pulling that thing.......
HPIM7896.jpg

^^That's a pretty cool setup. I like how you used a dish rack for your discs.

What is that cart modified from? It kinda reminds me of the go-cart from gggt.

I tried something similar years ago and the plastic wheels didn't hold up for more than a handful of rounds.

When I lived in florida we had big cooler we would take to the beach. We'd added a frame underneath and used wheelbarrow tires. It worked for deep sand.

I guess my point is that you could always modify the cooler if it didn't have appropriately sized wheels.

yea some guy near my grandparents had a bunch of old metal coolers that he would fashion some big bubble tires too. we asked him to build a frame for a plastic (much lighter) cooler for us. it is great, gives you two seats and you can go anywhere with it.

Regardless of their flaws, these carts are pretty awesome. There's some real ingenuity in this thread. Good job guys.

Latest posts