• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

#Rollout, Everything RidgeRoller

your always giving me the business you have been for years your a tough dude to make happy. What's your real name? I have always wondered. I would love to talk with you in person some time.

I can say he is a stand up guy and sold me some great used product. You? eh. repurposed and built BS that is overpriced.

Just pulled the trigger on a ridge backpack. I'll update with my thoughts whenever I receive it either Saturday or monday

Just pulled the trigger on a ridge backpack. I'll update with my thoughts whenever I receive it either Saturday or monday

Still pretty wet and sloppy where I play so I haven't used the cart yet, but the backpack is awesome on its own. Really comfortable and lightweight feeling for how sturdy the frame is. Have been loving the deep pockets on the sides too.

Still pretty wet and sloppy where I play so I haven't used the cart yet, but the backpack is awesome on its own. Really comfortable and lightweight feeling for how sturdy the frame is. Have been loving the deep pockets on the sides too.

This is good to hear. I just gave up a grip bx for it and that was super comfortable as well but I really want the built in seat

15yhq1y.jpg

Ok so I was able to sell my grip bag and get a ridge. I actually really liked my grip bx, but I wanted the seat feature of the bag without getting a simian for more disc storage. At the same time I wanted to be able to use the bag to the best of its ability with and without the roller. On first glance this bag is super rigid (aptly named)but the moment it goes on your back, you realize it has as much padding and cushion as a memory foam mattress. The bag stands straight up on 4 elevated feet. Since it doesn't have rails. This is probably the most stable bag on the market. The weight of the aluminum frame is placed lower in the bag as well adding extra stability. You can't even rock the thing. It just slides. Super impressed. I tested this by loading this thing down with 30 discs, 17 in the main, 5 putters in the pocket behind the logo, 3 in the top pocket, 3 in one side pocket 2 more discs in the other. The bag on my bag feels like it still empty. It's witchcraft. Even with pound bags I can feel the weight of the discs. But the rigid ness on the back. The height of the design and the overall shape, tricks my mind and makes carrying this bag super easy, even up steep hills which my course has quite a bit of.

The seat is super sturdy but really comfortable. Way more comfortable than a camp time stool or even a bar stool. I'm glad this is what convinced me to pull the trigger on this bag, it's definitely a highlighting feature of the bag. The storage where I put the 5 putters is large enough for a large hoodie, it goes all the way to the back of the bag and down just above the top of the discs in the main compartment. The frame of the seat is part of the main compartment which I wasn't sure of at first but that actually adds a bit more friction and even if you go out with just 5 or 6 discs in the bag and nothing else, the discs won't wiggle and fall in the bag. A nice touch. It's tight enough to keep the discs in place but not so tight to have them be difficult to take out. Very impressed with that engineering. I asked the owner of the company if it's possible to put a water bladder in the bag because it gets hot in the summer in Texas and I don't want to carry water bottles. He didn't design the bag to do so but the middle pocket could potentially hold a smaller pack. But since I have a roller as well I can slide a camelbak backpack on the pole and have it read behind the backpack that way I maintain that low center of gravity and I still have plenty of water without adding weight to the backpack alone. Overall for first impressions, I couldn't be happier. I'm always switching bags but in combination with the roller I think I found the perfect combo that I will be keeping for a long time

Putter pouch is worth it 100% also. 3 putters, a Velcro mini pocket and a little drink holder on the pole of the roller. Frees up bag space and makes access a tad easier. The pouch is also a bag itself with a shoulder strap that rolls out so you can play with 2 or 3 discs For a quick round.

Putter pouch is worth it 100% also. 3 putters, a Velcro mini pocket and a little drink holder on the pole of the roller. Frees up bag space and makes access a tad easier. The pouch is also a bag itself with a shoulder strap that rolls out so you can play with 2 or 3 discs For a quick round.

for sure. i love the pouch when I'm using my roller. holds everything i need up top including 4 putters.

It's about 5 pounds empty. Pretty typical for a disc golf backpack

Ok, Thank you. The RR website says "about 6.1 lbs"(2.7 kilos). I've been weighing many bags recently and you might be surprised how much that weight effects energy level over the course of 3 or 4 rounds in 2 days. For comparison here are some other bag weights: Fossa Zany Pro 4.1k, Gorilla boy simian 2.7k, Pound Octothorpe 1.84k, Pound Carlton 1.73k, Upper Parks Shift 1.13k.
I would be interested to know exactly what the RR bag weighs on an accurate digital scale. It would be very impressive if it is lighter than a Simian and has a much larger capacity than a Simian.

My Ridge backpack arrives tomorrow. What mods have you done to the bag? I've seen the YouTube videos about spreading the frame and modifying the seat with zip ties (which I do not yet fully understand). What other ways have you improved the bag?

I played my first round with the Ridge bag today, and I left the course feeling really good with my purchase. It's stout, well made, sturdy and comfortable. I also had very fast and helpful communication with the company, and it shipped the same day.

Some of the features that I think set it apart from the rest are:

+ Stability - the frame, feet and shape make for a very sturdy bag. Doesn't tip over easy, even on inclines
+ Seat height - I don't feel like I'm crouching when I sit. My hips are above my knees.
+ Exterior seat cushion - it attaches to the D rings with Velcro, so it can be taken off easily to use as a knee pad.
+ Grab handle - big, comfortable, durable and doesn't tip the bag too severely when lifted.
+ Carry comfort - it feels really good on the back with good padding.

Some things I think it lacks:

+ Side pockets are a bit shallow
+ No inner pockets or compartments
+ Even with the rubberized bottom, I worry about the bottom zipper and flap accumulating mud and water, potentially leaking into the bag and caked mud in the zipper flap drying and crumbling indoors. (Any ideas???)

Small gripes aside, I'm super happy with my new bag. I will probably plastidip the bottom of the pockets and bottle holders and maybe around the bottom zipper unless I can come up with a better, more watertight solution (Ideas??).

I've considered a number of bottom zipper sealing solutions, and the one the seems the best for the functionality of the zipper if I ever need to use it again (highly doubtful) is Gorilla heavy duty duct tape. My plan is to tape down the fabric flaps to the bottom of the bag and then plastidip over the tape.

I'm wide open to alternatives, suggestions, tips and/or tricks

The email response I received came from:
[email protected]

How did it break?

I forget exactly, I believe it was sort of cocked out of even when I got it, I tried to fix it and ended up breaking it. Not sure why it really matters, I want to buy a new one. A free replacement would be cool, but I am really just looking to replace it on my own as I broke it.

RidgeRoller Contact

I forget exactly, I believe it was sort of cocked out of even when I got it, I tried to fix it and ended up breaking it. Not sure why it really matters, I want to buy a new one. A free replacement would be cool, but I am really just looking to replace it on my own as I broke it.

When I got my Ridge V2 backpack, a zipper pull was missing. No big deal, but I really wanted it and was willing to pay for it. I sent four emails over about 2 months time....nada. Found they have a FaceBook page and posted my issue there. They contacted me immediately and resolved the issue.

The FaceBook page is:
RidgeRoller Customs "Disc Golf Carts and Backpacks"

Good luck!

Latest posts