• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Romance or Disc Golf?

I had said something about having a work party on Sunday but then I realized it's valentine's day to her.
She said go ahead I don't care, we can go out afterwards

Then I had to explain to her that only the guys WITHOUT girlfriends/wives would be the only ones that showed up

Romance only, because I can't do both.

Weather making it an easy decision since its going to be a high of 23F with snow later in the day. I'm not hardcore enough to put up with that for a casual round anymore.

My wife is not happy, first valentines as a married couple and I'll be working on our new course all day (Langley Pond DiscGolfPark). Free bobcat=no choice

Going to play my first Discgolfpark course, which happens to be the first Discgolfpark course in the US in Ft Morgan, CO!

I went to Walmart this morning to get my wife flowers as many other men did. I invited her to golf in the -2 degree wind chill but she wouldn't join me. So I golfed and still made my wife happy.

Romance ON the disc golf course. Im sure someone could pull that off on Vasheen-day

So I did the usual, had flowers sent to her work and skipped the card and candy this year. I go big on the monetary investment with the flowers to make sure that she has the biggest arrangement in the office! Gotta pay for those bonus points ;).

We had breakfast and hung out together this morning, and managed to squeeze in a quickie before getting ready to play after lunch :D.

Got out on the course at 1 o'clock to play a few windy rounds this afternoon. I also found out one of the guys I play with is a Valentine Baby! So he was lucky and got to get away with some rounds for his birthday :thmbup:!

Last edited:
The wife decided she wanted to play this morning.
I didn't bring it up, and planned on hanging around the house all day.
We went and played regular scheduled Sunday morning dubs instead, I got a good one

Couldn't be together for today; we had our Valentine's day yesterday.

took the train down to red wing, helped her watch her friend's kid until about 2. Got some snugglin', took a nap. Then I cooked bacon and eggs with some toast, helped her clean, grocery shopped, bought SNL's best of will ferrell. We packed a jamaican cigarette and took a stroll, came back to watch will ferrell and laughed our asses off until I took the train home at about 9. It was a good day.

Last edited:
I'm single, so I disc golfed today like I do every other holiday. If I had a lady, she'd understand and I'd be out disc golfing during the day and wooing her at night. If she didn't understand, she wouldn't be my lady. Relationships are all about compromise, right?

Ok, so here's how I handled the day.

I flew her down to Atlanta for the weekend to see our daughter, I stayed home and played disc golf. Also, I needed to keep an eye on the college aged child at home I explained. After 25 years you can get away with a lot of tricks. I gave her a card, a nice basket of girl stuff and a kiss before she left. It only cost me about 800 bucks to play worry free disc golf for the weekend and give her a gift she really enjoyed which included spending a weekend with her first born child.

Well, my girlfriend kicked me out of the house on Vday because she had too much homework and didn't want me bothering her while she was studying. So I got to play guilt free disc golf all day.

I really do have the best woman.