• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rotator cuff

Yeah I've been pretty careful lately with it. Although I'm pretty sure it wasn't my rotator cuff but just my shoulder muscles being sore. I've been icing them and putting icey-hot on it and its just about healed now, I'd say 95%

That's only puting a bandaid on a potential future problem. If you have aberrant shoulder motion due to muscle imbalance, knots and trigger points, you are excessively wearing your joint(s) out. I highly recommend seeing a sports chiropractor, a physical torturious, or at the very least a massage therapist that does nuero muscular thearpy. you service your car every 2-5k miles, why not treat you body with the same respect, after all it's a bio-mechanical vehicle that needs service from time to time. My 2 cts

was driving 15 today and felt a nice "pop".. finished the round. It's stiff and sore, but then again at my age I'm just waiting for complete failure of some part. :D

felt a nice "pop".. finished the round. It's stiff and sore, but then again at my age I'm just waiting for complete failure of some part. :D

Very typical of most dudes. it's much easier and cheaper to fix the problem before it looks like a grenade went off inside the joint.

Well, now that you mentioned your neck. That opens another can of worms. You should google "dermatone map" This breaks down were your nerves run from your spine. It's pretty cool, because you wouldn't expect your back to be causing knee pain. So check it out, because your neck pain might be the cause of your shoulder pain.
I would never tell somebody to not go to the docs, but it's sad to say, he or she most likely won't do much. Chances are they will tell you to take some Mortin, rest, ice, and if it's not better in a few weeks come on back :-/ When I tore my rotator it took almost a month before they finally did an ultra sound. That's what happens when your not an overpaid athlete or a Bill Gates.

I would never tell somebody to not go to the docs, but it's sad to say, he or she most likely won't do much. Chances are they will tell you to take some Mortin, rest, ice, and if it's not better in a few weeks come on back :-/

this is why you don't go to an MD. Go to a sports chiro or pt. They are the nuero muscular experts, not MD's, those guys only know how to give pills.

What Colt said^^. Im in school for Chiro right now. Ive hurt my shoulder a few times, some solid treatment and a little time off and you'll be back to normal in no time!

i have a permanent rotator cuff injuring in my right shoulder (throwing shoulder) that is bad enough that i cannot sleep on my right side. been the same for 15ish yrs. prob will be the same the rest of my life.

- properly stretch and warm up!
- exercise the shoulder. if possible find an exercise band (gigantic rubber band looking thing). they provide the perfect kind of resistance. tie it to a door knob or something and work it every other day for a month.

i did that for one month. that built up the muscle and healed me so much that i was able to throw again (back in 1994 when this happened i threw shot/discus & wrestled). and so far, just that one month of absolute concentrated exercise fixed me enough that it hasn't gotten worse in 15 yrs. however, it can get damn sore after throwing a few disc golf rounds. but it doesn't effect my play much.

I think the pain was coming from terrible form. Ive been working on it over the past couple weeks and after it hasnt hurt in the past week at all