• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] RPM discs - New Zealand

Piwaka

Atomics are the most US premium plastic. I bag a glow (most OS plastic) and cosmic. Cosmic is a nice hyzer flip for dead straight shots. I throw about 375 max for reference.

Just started throwing the Kotuku. I think they might be the exact replacement I have been looking for in place of my Discmania MD4s. Anyone else trying these out?

Piwaka

Atomics are the most US premium plastic. I bag a glow (most OS plastic) and cosmic. Cosmic is a nice hyzer flip for dead straight shots. I throw about 375 max for reference.
I can vouch that your comment holds true for the plastic stability on the pekapekas. Atomic is more US than the Cosmic (same weights on both) .

Both plastics feel awesome in my opinion.

My whole bag is RPM and I would agree the Atomic seems to be more under stable than the Cosmic. I have a Atomic, Cosmic, and Glow of every disc and some Magmas for some putters. I really like the brand I just hope they can come out with a few more under stable drivers and a neutral mid like the mako/coyote. Since they re tooled the Kiwi from under stable to over stable I find that nothing is as under stable as the old mold Kiwi I have that is stupid flippy. I also have a old Taniwha that I love but it doesn't fly like the old mold Kiwi so not sure what it is and would love to see it get brought back. Flat top and more flexible that the current Atomic plastic. A weird gem for sure.

My whole bag is RPM and I would agree the Atomic seems to be more under stable than the Cosmic. I have a Atomic, Cosmic, and Glow of every disc and some Magmas for some putters. I really like the brand I just hope they can come out with a few more under stable drivers and a neutral mid like the mako/coyote. Since they re tooled the Kiwi from under stable to over stable I find that nothing is as under stable as the old mold Kiwi I have that is stupid flippy. I also have a old Taniwha that I love but it doesn't fly like the old mold Kiwi so not sure what it is and would love to see it get brought back. Flat top and more flexible that the current Atomic plastic. A weird gem for sure.
Do you throw any magma Tui's? Thoughts on stability and durability? I haven't thrown any magma yet. I love the tui (especially in cosmic) so curious from someone who has tried them.

I haven't thrown the Magma Tui much though I do have it in my bag as a sacrifice disc for shorter water holes. I tend to throw the Piwakawaka over the Tui. I do use a magma Ruru for my putter though and feel it holds it's intended stability pretty well. The soft magma Ruru took a year plus to get a little too beat in and for me to switch to a newer one. I think the new one I switched to is not a soft magma, medium maybe or just regular, and it seems to be holding its shape better in general which is what I would expect.

I can vouch that your comment holds true for the plastic stability on the pekapekas. Atomic is more US than the Cosmic (same weights on both) .

Both plastics feel awesome in my opinion.
After buying a Tui and a Piwakawaka in atomic, I bought a Pekapeka in cosmic, but I'm bummed out about the cosmic Peka. The top of the flightplate is shiny and grippy, but the bottom is matte, and is so slippery that trying to fangrip it is just an exercise in futilty.

Latest posts