• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Rubbing Alcohol for Removing Sharpie??

Instead of taking the sharpie off, why don't you call the person whom the disc belonged to before you stole it.

Zing!!!!

it wasnt a disc i found...its my disc i aced with, i was fixing my fail of writing when i wrote on my disc after the ace...dont just assume im a 'frolfer' cuz im 15 yrs old

I have used rubbing alcohol and a paper towel on numerous discs. I didn't have very good luck with esp plastic, but did get great results using this with Vibram's X-Link plastic, as well as champion and elite-z plastics

I would think that Acetone would be the best to remove with just because its shape allows it to be a solvent for both organic and many inorganic solutes. In the organic lab, we used it for everything.

The problem with everclear is that it will eventually degrade the plastic material. Technically you can run your car on everclear (super expensive).... but it will tear up your hoses and gaskets. I'm no expert, but I would guess if you used it enough on your disc or baskets that the integrity of the material will go downhill.

I would think that Acetone would be the best to remove with just because its shape allows it to be a solvent for both organic and many inorganic solutes. In the organic lab, we used it for everything.

The problem with everclear is that it will eventually degrade the plastic material. Technically you can run your car on everclear (super expensive).... but it will tear up your hoses and gaskets. I'm no expert, but I would guess if you used it enough on your disc or baskets that the integrity of the material will go downhill.

Depends on the plastic, but in general they won't be affected at all by wiping and even mixing it with dye for a dip or painting. Long term exposure (submersion or constant fumes) can damage these plastics, even poly-u (champ), but none of us is likely to ever experience that the way we use them. I'd have to go look it up, but I'll bet that dx type plastics are even more resistant than poly-u. Bottom line is don't worry about ordinary solvents and disc plastic unless you're soaking them or are considering paint strippers, etc.

Latest posts