• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

S plastic

optowesome

Par Member
Is S plastic from Gateway any good for drivers? Is it similar to the putter plastics? How does it wear compared to 12x KC Pro?

My only experience with it is with S Demons, and they seem to work out great. Slow wear and consistent flight across spectrums of beatness.

S plastic is harder than most standard plastics but it's still real grippy. On a fast driver the hard plastic makes for a great skip.
The weird thing about Gateway plastics is that the "S" is hard but the "H" is soft. I like "S" a lot better than "H"

S plastic is probably the best baseline plastic on the market. They're great for putters, but my only experience with them in drivers has been with the proto Assassin's. But it is very durable, and has great grip!

I love s plastic. To me, it feels different in the driver and mid range molds than the putter. It seems to break in a little slower than other base line plastics. And, when they do break in, they fly much longer than "new" condition in my opinion. The Blurr and Illusion are great in S. I would like to try and Apache as well.