• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Saint Pro

Just got my two Saint Pros from Infinite Discs today...a 173g Moonshine and a 174g Gold Line. Man that GL looks pretty. I can't wait to throw them..but sadly, it's pouring rain. When the weather clears up (hopefully tomorrow) I will tape myself throwing them alongside some other discs, and put it up on the Hucking Aces Facebook page (cheap plug: like them if you haven't already! They are giving away a Blizzard TeeDevil!)

I'll say this though:
1) they are both domier than I expected, though the GL has noticeably more dome than the Moonshine
2) there is a decent amount of flashing on the Moonshine, but the GL seems to have none...like, at all.
3) they both feel great in the hand..ALMOST Teebirdish, but not quite
4) this Moonshine is better than any Opto I've felt so far

For this noodle arm, the Pro saint is the perfect disc.
It magically completes my driver line up.
I have been throwing a lot of different discs trying to fill that slot.
But everything else was too fast, too slow, or too beefy.
I love my saints, but not enough beef for some shots, and/or bigger wind.

I threw the saint pro a lot this weekend for FH shots. I definitely wouldn't call it flippy. I mostly threw a GL.

I was able to give it quite a bit of torque and it would flex out nicely. However, I want to re-iterate.

This is not an OS disc. If you throw it like a xXx you will have a bad time. However, if you throw it as an OS control driver, meaning it is quite resistant to turn and has very consistent fade, you will love it!

Well it's almost been 3 months since release. How are everyone's Saint Pro's breaking in? Opto? Gold Line?

My Opto I've been throwing for about a month still has the same great stability it had when new. No turn unless forced and a solid reliable fade.

I just did a video review testing these against a variety of Teebirds and some OS stuff like Banshees and an FL. The Hucking Aces Facebook page is hosting the video and doing a giveaway. (they are also giving away an M1 once they get 200 likes) I invite all the Saint Pro fans to check that out, and win you a nice new backup! Here's the linkage:

Hucking Aces Facebook Page

Well it's almost been 3 months since release. How are everyone's Saint Pro's breaking in? Opto? Gold Line?

My Opto I've been throwing for about a month still has the same great stability it had when new. No turn unless forced and a solid reliable fade.

My Opto is holding strong! only turns ever so slightly in a strong headwind.

The GL is a whole different story though...on a strong rip it will turn a bit then straighten up and fade. Into a headwind the GL will turn and straighten but not really fade back.

My Opto is holding strong! only turns ever so slightly in a strong headwind.

The GL is a whole different story though...on a strong rip it will turn a bit then straighten up and fade. Into a headwind the GL will turn and straighten but not really fade back.

GL sounds like a Stag. Any comparisons?

I've an Opto on the way. Going to see how I like it and perhaps test out a GL. Even the max weight VIP Stags I have aren't quite as HSS as I'd like. It's a great line shaper, but there are times where I'd like that extra stability, especially in the wind. Looking forward to trying out the Saint Pro.

I bet if you remove the flashing, the GL would fly like a new Opto Stag. I liked, but didn't LOVE, the Stag..same feeling I get with the Saint Pro. They have crazy glide, but I'm old and set in my Teebirdish ways.

I haven't thrown a regular Opto Saint Pro, but the Moonshine I tested had a noticeable amount of HSS over the GL, even with flashing (and for the record, my Moonshine had no flashing, and I mean none. Actually one of the cleaner discs in that regard that I've gotten as of recent) but they both had roughly the same amount of low speed fade. They could make a very good Teebird/Eagle-X type combo, I would imagine.

For this noodle arm, the Pro saint is the perfect disc.
It magically completes my driver line up.
I have been throwing a lot of different discs trying to fill that slot.
But everything else was too fast, too slow, or too beefy.
I love my saints, but not enough beef for some shots, and/or bigger wind.

i am still loving it
its still flying the same for me, but i use my reg saint as my main driver
so the pro isnt seeing a lot of abuse yet

I'm using mine more and more. Part of it is because my GL is beat to the point it turns the entire flight no matter the hyzer you put on it, unless you give it a good amount of height, and my opto is a smooth turn over with small fade. This Pro has just been the bees knees...I know I can throw it hard and flat, and it will go straight and fade. I'm also liking it for long hyzers in the woods, which is nice because I'm not a fan of throwing anything over speed 9 in the woods. And I can justify keeping it in the bag because it gives me a bit more distance than my teebirds.

I bet if you remove the flashing, the GL would fly like a new Opto Stag. I liked, but didn't LOVE, the Stag..same feeling I get with the Saint Pro. They have crazy glide, but I'm old and set in my Teebirdish ways.

I haven't thrown a regular Opto Saint Pro, but the Moonshine I tested had a noticeable amount of HSS over the GL, even with flashing (and for the record, my Moonshine had no flashing, and I mean none. Actually one of the cleaner discs in that regard that I've gotten as of recent) but they both had roughly the same amount of low speed fade. They could make a very good Teebird/Eagle-X type combo, I would imagine.

Thanks for the thoughts, Andy. I've always had about the same sense of the Stags - like them, but don't love them. I like their line-shaping, Eagle-X-like abilities, but there are times where I could use more HSS, as I said. The differences I'm hearing between the GL and Opto are getting my hopes up that the Saint Pro could fill both niches. We'll see how I like the Opto: if it's a success, I'll definitely be ordering a GL.

I'm using mine more and more. Part of it is because my GL is beat to the point it turns the entire flight no matter the hyzer you put on it, unless you give it a good amount of height, and my opto is a smooth turn over with small fade. This Pro has just been the bees knees...I know I can throw it hard and flat, and it will go straight and fade. I'm also liking it for long hyzers in the woods, which is nice because I'm not a fan of throwing anything over speed 9 in the woods. And I can justify keeping it in the bag because it gives me a bit more distance than my teebirds.

Another shot I'm hoping the Saint Pros will fit me for. I've generally used the Stags for that shot, but with my recent snap increases, they've been straightening out too much for my liking. It's been harder to get them to reliably fly on that line as of late.

Between this and recent replacing of the Tensor for the Suspect in my bag, there's been a lot of upheaval after 7+ months of stability. The Suspect has been a smashing success, though - it was money on the tightly wooded Blue Angel courses today - so I'm thinking it's worth it. Us disc golfers like to try out new toys, but sometimes change can be legitimate.

A few weeks in, I am loving the Saint Pro. It's a great stable to overstable fairway: reliable HSS and fade, but still nets a surprising amount of distance. It's exactly what I needed for NOLA's wind: can handle a headwind, with way more distance potential than the Resistor I throw. I agree with Andy's statement that the GLs are Eagle Xy and the Optos Teebirdy, though I'm still learning how to shape lines with the GLs.

Speaking of which, anyone have a GL with a decent amount of wear? I'd be curious to know whether they lose HSS or LSS first.

Not yet. Not enough trees around here.

I'm curious if a seasoned GL could take the "plenty of turn and late fade" spot of my Stags

Not yet. Not enough trees around here.

I'm curious if a seasoned GL could take the "plenty of turn and late fade" spot of my Stags

That's exactly what I'm wondering.

Hoss' statement above seems to suggest that it could, but I was curious to hear others' experience.

Got some throws in with my opto saint pro today.. 173g.

I noticed a little bit of turn, but not a lot.. Doesn't seem to like wind all that much, at least not the left to right wind I was seeing today on a couple throws. Was hoping for a little more stability, but we will see how it goes. Might have to try a max weight saint pro.

Got some throws in with my opto saint pro today.. 173g.

I noticed a little bit of turn, but not a lot.. Doesn't seem to like wind all that much, at least not the left to right wind I was seeing today on a couple throws. Was hoping for a little more stability, but we will see how it goes. Might have to try a max weight saint pro.

I felt the same way you did until I picked up a 175g moonshine. That one finally behaved in the wind. The lighter 168 opto didn't like headwind for me. If you want more beef, the moonshine should give it to you.

I threw my 173g GL Saint Pro for the first time today. It's a nice disc overall. I was throwing it in place of my Teebird on holes with a lot of headwind or left to right wind. It held up well and faded back reliably.

I wouldn't say it was very overstable, though. If I put it on a little bit of an anhyzer, it probably wasn't coming back against a strong wind, but a nice level throw will fade well for sure. I still need to throw it a lot more to form a definite opinion. I only tossed it half a dozen times or so. Too early to tell.

I don't think the Pros are very OS, nor are they intended to be . Lat has the XXX and Trident for that.

I've had my pair of Optos since they came out. One at 167 and 175g. The lighter one is a little easier to get a little turn/ OAT but it always comes back. I have been beating on my light one pretty good to see what happens. Throw flat and clean it has tons of glide with that reliable fade. My heavier one just wants to hold a line and dumps a little more at the end. I have yet to have issues in the wind with these that I do with Saints or Escapes.

I'm really curious to see how these fly after beating in good. Hoping they loose that fade before the HSS. If that's the case I will be a happy man.

I don't think the Pros are very OS, nor are they intended to be . Lat has the XXX and Trident for that.

I'm really curious to see how these fly after beating in good. Hoping they loose that fade before the HSS. If that's the case I will be a happy man.

Well im not asking it to be a "very OS" disc.. just something like the teebird.. but instead it seems more like a somewhat seasoned teebird, and thats not exactly a bad thing.

I would bet my saint pro loses its HSS before the LSS.

Latest posts