• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Saint Pro

that's for clearing that up for me guys...those flight charts can be misleading some times...I have a Westside stag which is a slightly over stable speed 8 fairway driver and it seems that the saint pro is going to closer to this disc than the xxx or firebird. Lets compare the Stag and the Saint Pro.

that's for clearing that up for me guys...those flight charts can be misleading some times...I have a Westside stag which is a slightly over stable speed 8 fairway driver and it seems that the saint pro is going to closer to this disc than the xxx or firebird. Lets compare the Stag and the Saint Pro.

For me the stag has about same HSS as my reg. OPTO saint with more fade.
My OPTO saint pro has more HSS than a stag with the same or .more fade.
*with flashing knocked down some.

All this "flashing" talk has me very nervous. The Saint Pro is on my "future purchases" list. I love my Saint to death, but with more power (and more work in), I was starting to turn it over. Both my flow and riot aren't handling the wind as nicely as I would like, and my previous experiences with the Blitz were poor (don't have the arm for it). Why not a slower, more stable Saint Pro?

I think this is a good disc for you to try. I hated my Saint (it always flew like a beat in Valkyrie). The Saint Pro is a good stable fairway driver. I have one in Gold Line and in Opto. The Opto is a bit less stable then the Gold Line.

After deflashing they fly for me like a Speed 8, Glide 6, HSS -0.25, LSS 2.25. The Gold Line maybe has a LSS 2.50 in my opinion.

Right now I have a recent run neutron volt and a proton in the bag with backups for each. I can't see this replacing them unless for some reason mine is more stable then those.

I am loving this disc,
Tomorrow is the fist glow since I got these, so will get to try my moonshine for the first time.

the opto is exactly what my experience has been

After watching this video I believe I generate a ton more torque than this guy. That is not necessarily a good thing because his throwing motion seems far smoother and more ideal for this particular disc. I have a Moonshine Saint Pro, and expecting it to be moderately stable to slightly overstable, I threw it as such. The disc flipped on me, had a slight turn, before finishing almost straight ahead without any fade. Subsequent throws, now expecting it to be a straighter flier, saw me overturning it.

I eventually had to start treating it like a seasoned TL, stable enough to get the job done, but I had to be aware that any OAT was going to send it over too far right. I chalked it up to being the Moonshine plastic and that I had yet tried the Opto which could have been more stable.

For reference, during the same round I was throwing DX Gazelles and they were coming out more stable than previous rounds because of the cooling temperatures. I did not flip or turn any of those.

After watching this video I believe I generate a ton more torque than this guy. That is not necessarily a good thing because his throwing motion seems far smoother and more ideal for this particular disc.

seems to me in general, Lat64 designs their discs for smooth players. when im throwing smooth i get the exact intended flights and great distance. but when i try to "power" down on them then they fly way different than intended and i dont get the distance. even that Giant flies better with a smooth throw over a power one.

seems to me in general, Lat64 designs their discs for smooth players. when im throwing smooth i get the exact intended flights and great distance. but when i try to "power" down on them then they fly way different than intended and i dont get the distance. even that Giant flies better with a smooth throw over a power one.

It seems to me from my limited viewing of Scandinavian throwers, so let me get you a grain of salt, that they are anything but smooth. What I have seen is slow arm movement followed by a very explosive and almost violent last second acceleration. It appears the disc is being thrown with very little speed but a ton of rotation. Thus the need for discs with a ton of glide to take advantage of that rotation.

For me I have/had good results with the Halo and Sword but had to seriously dial it back on my Rivers and Saints.

What I wanted to point out that in the video he does not appear to be throwing with any power, which is obviously deceiving because the disc is also not simply dropping from the sky the moment it leaves his hand. The Saint Pro definitely seems to be designed for his style of throwing. With the movement I see from this disc from how I throw, it would not be a good wooded course disc. I will stick with my Gazelles and Leopards in the woods, and I am already firmly entrenched with throwing TeeBirds and TLs in the open.

I am going to keep my one Moonshine because I need a good night disc, but I think I am going to pass on this disc in general unless the Optos are considerably more HSS.

well mine was really beefy for me. mine was most like the first shot in that video above. i only throw 350+ max d. 325+ consistently. bad form or not enough d? or both? i flip my opto saints fairly easily. i can flip my sidewinders. but the pro opto saint was nicely os for me. and i could throw my PD's about 20-25 feet (roughly) farther. had roughly the same flight as a PD

any thoughts?

I don't have a huge arm..i max my boatmans at 400 on a good day but I feel this disc is right in my wheel house...everybody throws a little differently but in order to see how this disc will fly for you...you just have to throw it...which is what I have decided to do...Im getting the moonshine max weight because its said to be the most overstable...one thing I noticed about the video is that he released them at slightly different angles...I understand nobodys perfect at releasing the disc flat everytime you want..well, except maybe for me...lol...jk....anyway...who wants to guess how far he throwing those at because that makes all the difference...its hard to tell on video but I would say he is throwing max 350-360...am I way off....lets hear it

in that guys video also it looks like his arm is more of a flat follow through on the yellow gl saint giving it that turn that in his other throws

Most Lat/Westside/DD discs like being thrown on a hyzer. They aren't the best at big S curves. They have enough natural turn that it adding addition turn for an S curve will end up putting most of the discs over the edge, leading to the "flippiness" people are talking about.