• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Saint Pro

How about a Saint Pro with striker?

That's what is currently in my bag and I'm pretty happy with it.

Striker is a really underrated disc. Super flat, super straight, resists hst well. Tried the Escape (too domey), the Saint (OK, but didn't really gel with it), TL (star and champ plastic were too slick), and a few others. Ended up really liking the Striker.

I cary a 176 opto and a 165 gl. Gonna take a great disc to kick them out of my bag.

Saint Pro is a very versatile disc. Old GL Saint was my go to about a year ago, loved the glide, but as I improved and it wore in, got too flippy. Fast forward, Saint Pro is amazing. I have 350ft of power for reference. I can rip into it and Ill get a straight flight with a forward fade. I also like to use it for shots that I hang out right a little and hit a nice hyzer line, very good disc for it. I also have a star teebird in the bag, and they are similar discs, with the saint pro being faster. This is the Lat version of the tbird, only with a little more speed.

opto air saint

i have an opto air for trade if interested ^^ never thrown it just got in the dynamic mystery box

I only have a Moonshine Saint Pro and with my typical power (380ish atm) it handles wind well and has a stiff fade at the end. I usually carry a pinnacle Rival an Opto Saint and a beat GL Saint. Honestly the only one not really working well for me atm is the Opto Saint. It handles wind poorly and honestly it has too much grip in hot muggy weather. Yeah, I have a birdie bag and use it a ton in those conditions.

The 157 Opto Air Saint Pro just showed up
It for my wife, that's why I wanted 150s
It's not super domey like I thought it would be, and has a pretty high looking PLH (i will check it against my others later)
It might not be too bad, we will see.

what is your wife like 15? give her some real plastic to throw.

no, she is like - 50 (welcome to the grand master womens' class)
i would have preferred to find one in the low 160s, but the 157g will do.
all of her drivers are 155g-165g, and mids are 165g-170g
she drives her 155g diamond about 300'

she currently has a 162 Orion LF for her most stable/wind disc
but it doesnt always come out of her hand clean, because the rim shape is different than her diamonds and jade (most lat64 is kinda plus rimmed)
so i am hoping this will help that.

this 157g Opto Air Saint Pro has a higher PLH than my Regular Opto, and the same as my Moonshine.
the dome is somewhere in between my 2 pros (moonshine is flattest of the 3)
we will see how it throws

I bag a 173 gram pink opto(first run) which is seasoned and can fly on any line and a slightly beefier 170 moonshine. Hands down, the pinky is my favorite disc in the bag. I throw it with slight hyzer and work flips with it. I throw anhyzers that pan nicely for flat landings. I have bought two pop top magenta ones at 175g that are super beefy. Trying to break em in to make them more workable. I find the saint pro reliable, predictable, and works great on so many different release angles.

I had thrown teebirds before, and loved the 170g flatter misprint that I had. I find the saint pro to fly longer and more predictably. The newer 2012-2013 domier teebirds all flew too Understable and unpredictably. I'd line up for a hyzer shot and end up with a turnover outcome with 85% power. Not claiming to have perfect form, and your mileage will certainly vary.

Just my 2cents.

The 157 Opto Air Saint Pro just showed up
It for my wife, that's why I wanted 150s
It's not super domey like I thought it would be, and has a pretty high looking PLH (i will check it against my others later)
It might not be too bad, we will see.

I took all 3 pros out for a couple of test tosses yesterday.
Moonshine> opto> opto air
Which is about what i expected, but it was hard to tell if it was the difference in stability, or just the difference in weight.
The opto air was more flexible and definitely felt lighter in the hand.
It was good for my poor FH shots so I may keep it for that.
And try to find my wife a light opto.

I have a 165g 12x Firebird and its pretty domey (Has a heartbeat, as described by Dave Feldberg) and nowhere near as overstable as a flat 175g. Its still stable and can handle a head wind for the most, but its gets less stable round by round. I use it a lot, its my primary sidearm disc for 275-350 ft shots but I still BH it too when its too windy for my Escape. The only problem is I can't find anymore that are domey like this one, does it sound like a Saint Pro might work here?

I'm quite shocked that the Saint Pro hasn't been higher up in the boards as it is the most useful fairway driver in the Trilogy lineup, imho, and can be found from practically every Trilogy pro bag.

The thing that I love in the SP is it's flexibility. You can find new ones that can handle pretty much any power at least as long as it is moderately calm and you can also find others that can be beat into turnover drivers.

I actually have a Pro as my turnover, normal Saint as my straight one and another Pro as my straight with fade fairway driver. The Saint will propably drop out once the overstable Pro gets a bit straighter. The Hatchet and Felon complement/complete the lineup quite nicely.

I've tried Saints, Strikers and Escapes and found out that the Pro offers the best combination of glide and control. Saint and Escape became unpredictable in any kind of wind while the Striker was ok, but just couldn't get a good grip on it.

My only problem is that I can't find a pink GL anywhere. :D

Man, I'm so glad I recently discovered this mold. It has been an absolute workhorse for my RHFH shots. I have toyed around with many different faster OS discs for my FH shots and tried many fairway divers for flicks with varying degrees of success. I have a 171g Opto Saint Pro and I get the same FH distance as most of the other faster drivers but with much better control and confidence. I like it a lot.

I got one last winter but haven't had a chance to throw it - I hope it will fight wind better than the Stag.

I have 5 Saint Pros overall and I usually bag 2-3. 1 moonshine, 1 goldline and 3 opto. The goldline will turnover if thrown hard, but the others all fly very similar with one opto being overstable. I like that I can cover every shot with it, but I also prefer to carry a couple Saints as well to make some shots a little easier. That way I don't have to force the Saint Pro for certain flights.

I got one last winter but haven't had a chance to throw it - I hope it will fight wind better than the Stag.

Yes, it will. I previously used the AIR Stag as my "more stable" fairway. When the AIR Saint Pro was released, switched over to the Jade / AIR Saint / AIR Saint Pro combination. Working really well; the Saint Pro doesn't "drift" off line in the wind and always has a hearty, forward penetrating fade...