• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient DG Spec 1 Shoe

Cool that you mentioned that. I was going to add that I think there is a need for 2 separate disc golf shoes. It would be nice to slip on basically the same shoe yet each have completely different treads. Also that twist design you use on the Salient Discs logo would look cool on the shoes. Look forward to the release.

I can answer that as a I have the specs in front of me 11 ounces currently with the combo of napa leather, cambrelle, mesh and rubber sole.

shoe size for that weight?

Thanks for the info.... I have Keen Dela's now but will keep my eyes on the reviews of this shoe for my next purchase..................jb

As I offered earlier, I will put the shoes through the ringer test...Tyler State Park, Nocamixon and all the courses through most of PA. If they can withstand those courses they can handle any course. Just let me know if you need testers.

Why am I not surprised these hideous shoes are associated with Physical Flight. I'm sure they're totally functional, comfortable, durable, etc ... But just like the bags, please hire a professional designer because your products are really ugly. That Rhyno logo thing looks like clip art with bubble letters that some kid drew.
I'm not a big fan either, but that's uncalled for. At least these guys are trying to add products made for this game. Sorry, not cool at all.

We are happy with the overall look and feel of the DG spec 1. Some of the logos will change in size however the overall shape of the shoe will not change.

Ordering for the DG Spec1 will commence this weekend with pics and features of our disc golf specific shoe.

What you can look forward to is teebox friendly 1 piece rubber sole, full napa leather surround, dual rubber/synthetic toe cap with mesh and durable cambrelle lining giving you breathability with water resistance.

Price is $95 (look for more details on the web page later this week)
Sizes 9-12

I was hoping for a little lower pricepoint. what will shipping be? can we return if we dont like them? since they are not available locally?

I was hoping for a little lower pricepoint. what will shipping be? can we return if we dont like them? since they are not available locally?

With a lower price point we would out price ourselves and leave no room for future runs of shoes. As the only disc golf specific manufacturer that makes disc golf shoes the price is very fair especially for the quality of the shoe and the fact all other brands with disc golf shoes are discontinued.

Be rest assured that we will stand by our product which is the advantages of buying from a DG specific company.

Shipping will most likely be $10

This is a pre-order and we expect to sell out rather quickly, only returns that will be accepted are manufacturer defects on our end. Warranty will be outlined on the website once we start selling them.

$95 is a pretty fair price for shoes specifically made for disc golf. That is assuming these are high quality and useful shoes(no offense Salient). In other "hobby" sports/activities getting high quality shoes build specifically for your activity is going to cost more than $95.

Will you have larger than size 12 eventually? I fall in that 12.5-13 range depending on the width and manufacturer. Falling right outside my range!!!

One more vote for some larger sizes, I usually wear a 12.5 wide or a 13 depending on the fit of the shoe.

Good tennis shoes are a $120, BUT if you wear them out in 6 months or less they send you a brand new free pair no questions asked.

$95 is a pretty fair price for shoes specifically made for disc golf. That is assuming these are high quality and useful shoes(no offense Salient). In other "hobby" sports/activities getting high quality shoes build specifically for your activity is going to cost more than $95.

Will you have larger than size 12 eventually? I fall in that 12.5-13 range depending on the width and manufacturer. Falling right outside my range!!!

The sizes all run about a 1/2 size big.

No offense on the quality. We would not produce a shoe or bag that wasn't quality.

We will offer size 13-14 on subsequent runs.